LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

center front panel display during execution

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way so that the front panel display is centered when I create an executable out of a vi??  I have a clock that counts down time.   In the source code its centered.  When I create a exe its skewed to the right a little.  I've tried all the settings under properties but it seems like whereever I close the vi in the source code the front panel controls/indicators stay there in the exe.   Do you always have to be aware of how far your FP indicators are to the right or left  when you close the source vi?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,599 Views)

Once you set the Controls and Indicators in place, set the size of the window to the size you want. This mostly don't get distorted unless you change the OS theme/ switch to a different computer with different setting. If you want to keep the window at the center position, you have the option in VI properties>windows Run time position >Position.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,593 Views)

For the sake of argument.   If I scroll as far to the left or right such that  my front panel controls are out of view, close the vi, create an exe when I run the vi on my target my vi controls will now be centered if I have the run time position centered ??

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,586 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clint_Eastwood1000

Yes. You have to do it this way

• Select a property node from the application control palette
  • Go to VI (Class) property and then take the FP reference.
  • From the Front panel reference take the Panes[ ] reference and Controls[ ] reference.
  • In Panes[ ] Refernce set the position of the origin using the property "Origin".
  • Then using the Controls[ ] reference take the reference of the control you want to set the position, go to the "Position" property and set the position with respect to the Origin of the FP.

Check if this works for you.

Image for your reference.

FP-AllignElements.png

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 4 of 6
(5,573 Views)

If I scroll as far to the left or right such that  my front panel controls are out of view, close the vi,

CLOSING the VI does not save the currently scrolled position.

SAVING the Vi does.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,569 Views)

thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,561 Views)