From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

case specific adjust/defaults

I have an audio equalizer controlled by 11 slide controls; additionally it has 23 individual presets coded in with numeric constants.  Is there any way to adjust the values within each case and have them return to a case specific default once the case is switched?

Example: You switch to a low bass presets but still find it to have too much bass. I want to be able to adjust the bass lower and once I select a new case have the low bass preset reset to default values within its case.

I have attached my EQ VI along with the 11 band subvi. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,018 Views)

Hi nrm,

first of all: use arrays when you need to store 11 elements of related information!

It will also help you to create more readable code…

To your question:

- You should store the current set of EQ data in a shift register and display it on the FP.

- Now use an event structure to handle user interaction: when the user selects a new EQ preset you should overwrite the values in the shift register. When the user changes some values on the FP you also store those change data in the shift register.

What's the purpose of having wired a zero to "Wait for multiple"?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,005 Views)

To be honest I just started a labview class this semester (we are actually learning about arrays tomorrow). This is a separate project I'm trying to complete in parallel with it. Thanks for the help and a point in the right direction.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,985 Views)