LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

building an executable with .vits with Labview 2011

Hi Dan_U,

I've attached the block diagram for the section that is opening the .vit.  It is interesting to note that if I move a copy of the .vit into the folder of the built executable, the exe appears to open that .vit (but with errors).

open vit.png

--
Jim S
GRA/Colorado School of Mines
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(4,250 Views)

Eric,

Changing the vits to regular/reentrant subVI's is my next attempt for today.  

Thanks for the other recommendations!

--
Jim S
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(4,252 Views)

Jeff,

This is a really slick example!  

Thanks!

Jim

--
Jim S
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(4,249 Views)

Since the .vit is located in the exe you could also try to open the reference just by passing the .vit name (no path).

You seem to already have a 'debug' indicator 'appended path'. What does this show when running the .exe?

Message 14 of 16
(4,249 Views)

All,

I changed my .vits over to reentrant vis, and observed the same problem.  After lots of path fiddling, I finally ran across this document, and I'm happy (and also cranky Smiley Happy) to say that it fixed the build issue with not just the reentrant vis, but the .vits as well!

I am still trying to understand exactly what this means (i.e. if my main executable is located in build/main.exe, exactly what path am I supposed to point to for the .vit), but am satisfied to be able to run the vi independant of developer.

Many, many thanks to those that contributed.  As always, it has been a pleasure!

Jim

--
Jim S
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(4,227 Views)

If you are using a static VI reference it doesn't matter where on disk (or in the EXE) that the VI is.  You can get the VI Name (or path) and use that to open the reference.  This is a more robust way of getting a reference to the VI.  Attatched is the edit of Launch N Folder posted earlier.

Message 16 of 16
(4,212 Views)