From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bearing

hello,
i'm an italian researcher. i'm working on a project about vibration analysis for bearing failure detection. i know there is the envelope technique, also known as High Frequency Resonance Technique (HFRT), as one of the best techniques for the diagnosis of bearings faults.
There are different industrial instruments (principally SKF and 01dB-Stell) that used different algorithms for the same techinque: for example, 01dB-Stell uses the Hilbert transoform for the band pass filtering.
Do You Know if there are reproduction of these algorithms in Labview that follow the procedures of SKF and 01dB-Stell instruments or equivalents?

Thank You
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,175 Views)
Salutations,

There is an order analysis toolkit that utilizes some of the infromation. I'd suggest taking a moment to look over it. I'll attach the user manual for it, lets hope labview doesn't get pissed about it. I couldn't possibly see why.

I'm not associated with the SKF or 01dB-Stell, however, I know there are hilbert transform, filtering techniques, etc... in labview
Those are located at "Analyze" section, which also isn't part of the base package (not sure what package). Sounds like, if you combine these two possibilities, you'd be capable of doing what you desire.

I don't suppose you're working for lockheed martin on the united states presidential helicopter, that was given to an english company that is working with the italians. Not given to Strikorsky (spelling) Air, which had been doing the helicopter for 50 years or so 😉

Rumor has it, political thing about the Iraq event, a thank you for joining the cause.

Harsh eh? Such is life.

Sincerely,
ElSmitho
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,142 Views)

Hi dear all,

I am arslan and trying to develop software using labveiw for diagnosis of ball bearing inner, outer and ball faults... i am using cepstrum technique...my problem is i have developed some what software and now i wanted to check my software through data files....As i dont have any experimental setup, so can any one provide me good noise free data of healthy, outer race, inner race and ball defect...the data should be in time domain and of single accerlometer....

It would be great help for me,

Regards,

Arslan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,776 Views)

You now posted your question in three different locations (also here, here and here) in ancient threads that have not seen activity for up to 12 years!

Duplicated posts are highly discouraged, so please stick to one thread. Posting multiple times with identical text is distracting, clutters the forum, and will not increase the chance of an answer. (Only spammers think that way).

Since none of the old threads have anything to do with your problem (getting real sample files of vibration data!), start a new thread with a catchy and descriptive subject line.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,750 Views)

Thanks for the question and the post.  I'll use this one, as it appears to be the most recent. 

1) the LabVIEW Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite, found here: http://www.ni.com/soundandvibration/  has some sample data from normal as well as inner race and outer race faults.  Further, the suite includes envelope analysis which is very helpful in showing bearing degradation.  

2) the NI Advanced signal processing toolkit contains Cepstrum and Wavelets which are also nice tools for bearing fault detection.

3) you might consider the nasa bearing data set:  http://ti.arc.nasa.gov/tech/dash/pcoe/prognostic-data-repository/

Let us know if this helps you get started. 

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,738 Views)

Thnxs for your concern and help, i will soon check all these links and let you know, if i have any queries...

Regards,

Arslan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,707 Views)