LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic update on application

mbaudot,

Is it free ? 

Can we use it for LabWindows/CVI ? If no, an equivalent exist ? 

Thanks in advance !

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(1,363 Views)

Hi Houssam, 

Yes there is a free version available. However this works only for LabVIEW on Windows at the moment.

I'm not aware of any equivalent solution on the market, but I can tell you that STUDIO BODs is working on a new version that you will be able to use from most programming languages. Unfortunately, this is not yet ready nor announced.

Regards,

Matthias Baudot | Software Architect | Founder at STUDIO BODs

STUDIO BODs     BLT for LabVIEW     LabVIEW Champion     Certified Professional Instructor     DQMH Trusted Advisor     GCentral Sponsor

Check out my LabVIEW presentations and videos!

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(1,355 Views)

Okay, thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(1,352 Views)

Thank you for your reply M. Baudot, Itried your software but it was not easy to use and doesn't work on my machine... Unfortunately because it seems really cool and helpful! The other point is that we won't keep the version on our server for our client that's why we need to do it on our application... do you know how we can manage this?

Houssam_az, do you have any idea how to replace an exe file while we are using this file? Do you have more information regarding the regedit? Is there a dll or a file I can change?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(1,348 Views)

Hello ganquetil and thank you for your feedback.

I'm surprised to hear that you were not able to make it work and you find it hard to use. We have over 100 LabVIEW developers using BLT for LabVIEW with success, and even if sometimes it requires some adjustments, we usually receive feedback saying that our documentation is extremely complete and clear.

Also, STUDIO BODs provides customized support for free to any developer who wants to get started with BLT.

I suggest that you send an email to contact@studiobods.com and someone will contact you directly and see how the solution can answer your needs at best.

The BLT for LabVIEW solution is still evolving and is updated regularly with fixes and new features, so I'm sure there is a way it can make you happy 😉

Regards,

Matthias Baudot | Software Architect | Founder at STUDIO BODs

STUDIO BODs     BLT for LabVIEW     LabVIEW Champion     Certified Professional Instructor     DQMH Trusted Advisor     GCentral Sponsor

Check out my LabVIEW presentations and videos!

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(1,343 Views)

You can't replace an EXE file while excuting. 

What I did years ago is that my UPDATER application kill and replace my Application EXE file, dowloaded before from FTP server.

And my UPDATER was checking FTP server for new versions each 30 minutes. This UPDATER is always running and hidden as a quick start icon (near the windows clock) and also configured to start automatically when a Windows session is loaded (manually Windows configuration).

So, I used two application infact. I undrestund that you want to merge thses two app, but it would be really complicated... I mean, you need "something" to manage the version and the Application EXE file once killed to be replaced.

Even the solution proposed by M.Baudot it's infact a solution that will replace the UPDATER role in some way. 

The good news is that you need to install the UPDATER only one time. And after that you will be quiet.

Finally, there is a dirty way to do this : BATCH files. You need to creat a Batch file that once launched by your app, it kill the app EXE file, and replace it by another file already downloaded somewhere by your app. 

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(1,339 Views)