From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic terminal and indicator creation

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to automatically create the indicator and control on the front panel when you put a subVI on the back panel.

For example i just want to drag my subVI on the back panel and the diferent control and indicator is automatically created without go in the back panel and create it 1 per 1

Ljire_0-1670316606126.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(1,563 Views)

Hi Ljire,

@Ljire wrote:

I'd like to know if it's possible to automatically create the indicator and control on the front panel when you put a subVI on the back panel.

Use Quickdrop shortcut ctrl-space-ctrl-d…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 11
(1,535 Views)

Is it possible to have the same result without the shortcut ?

Best regard

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(1,520 Views)

Hi Ljire,

@Ljire wrote:

Is it possible to have the same result without the shortcut ?

How often do you need ALL inputs/outputs of a subVI wired automatically?

I would be very concerned when LabVIEW would create them with each subVI I place in the BD…

IMHO the ctrl-space-ctrl-d is convenient and just 2 keystrokes to success… 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(1,486 Views)

Everytime an user insert a subVI I'd to generate the Input and output of the subVI .

I've got a library of subVI test, the users choose their tests and insert it for create a test sequence.

For specify the different parameter of a test (a subVI) the user have to see the control and indicator of the subVI on the main VI front panel without create them 1 per 1

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(1,473 Views)

Hi Ljire,

@Ljire wrote:

Everytime an user insert a subVI I'd to generate the Input and output of the subVI .

Sounds like you want to dive into LVScripting…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(1,430 Views)

@GerdW  a écrit :

Sounds like you want to dive into LVScripting…

If it's the solutions for doing this yes ‌‌😅
But I'm a beginner with LabVIEW... Do you think this task requieres a huge level of knowledge ?

I'm looking the NI tutorial for scripting but I don't really understand why i have to dive into the LVScripting for solve my problem of subVI 🤔

Best regard

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(1,419 Views)

Hi Ljire,

@Ljire wrote:
I'm looking the NI tutorial for scripting but I don't really understand why i have to dive into the LVScripting for solve my problem of subVI 🤔

You want to do an automatic action when a (sub)VI is placed on a block diagram. And that action is "creating new source code automatically": that is what LVScripting is made for!

@Ljire wrote:
But I'm a beginner with LabVIEW... Do you think this task requieres a huge level of knowledge ?

It requires a (very) good understanding of LabVIEW!

Using ctrl-space-ctrl-d is done with much less understanding, but still uses LVScripting under the hood…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(1,413 Views)

If you already have all the SubVIs, may be you can use a SubPanel.

Instead of re-create controls/indicators, simply re-use the SubVIs front panel.

George Zou
Message 9 of 11
(1,372 Views)

@GerdW  a écrit :

It requires a (very) good understanding of LabVIEW!

Using ctrl-space-ctrl-d is done with much less understanding, but still uses LVScripting under the hood…

The problem is they must be created automatically so I haven't got really choice...

Do you know where I can find some documentation to have a good starting point ?

The LabVIEW documentation is so huge you easely lost when read it

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(1,359 Views)