LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic comparing vi and retrieve their differences

Hi,

I am given a directory of VIs that I need to compare to another directory of VI and to identify what has been changed.  I am thinking to create a VI to automate the process.  I am using LabView 2009.  From the control search, I see "SCC Compare VIs.vi", but I don't see how I can get the differences information.  I want to know if there is a VI to do that?  Or if there is some method that I can get the differences automatically?

Thanks.

Peggy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,217 Views)

Tools >>> Compare >>> Compare VIs...

OR

Tools >>> Compare >>> Compare VI Hierachies

Will do a one to one compare and when you select as much will open the VI diagrams and put a red circle around the difference along with text describing the difference.

Do you need more than that?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,208 Views)

Usually you can use the steps which Ben describe above. I think there is no way to do in Labview you instead of comparing LV Blockdiagram or FP sizes in Byte. You can do it like this-> See attached screenshot. I hopt it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,202 Views)

Because there are a lot of VIs and I was hoping that there could be some automatic way to capture the data.

Thanks for all the input!

Peggy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,191 Views)