cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

array title

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi 

I need help to under stand something in labview  , that some one use in previous project 

attach file 

what I am asking as you can see in vi that I attached there is array that include cluster 

how I can fit the title of the array that can fit the indicator inside the cluster ?

I don't know how the previous test engineer do that , how he create the title , and if I need to fit it how I can do that

nots the vi create in labview 2015 

appreciate your help 

thanks alot 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,745 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Elyan_wisam

looks like custom cntrol

Message 2 of 8
(2,734 Views)

"titles" of controls, constants and indicators can be set through their labels.

Right click and either select "show label", or "properties" and then change the label there.

Message 3 of 8
(2,729 Views)

R-click an element in the cluster and Visible items -> Captions, and see what happens. 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,704 Views)

I am always learning something in the Forums!

I understand the Cluster labeling (I do it all the time, myself), but I don't understand how the O.P.'s "previous Test Engineer" or Artem.SPb created the "above-the-Array" "column labels" that show up in the Grey boxes.  When I've wanted to do something like this (usually because I didn't want to see the Cluster Labels on each Cluster Line, but wanted a single Label Strip at the top), I made a Text Decoration with the Labels and then "grouped" it with the Array as a Custom Control (as Artem.SPb suggested), but that doesn't seem to be what was done here.

What's the New Trick?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,695 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

I am always learning something in the Forums!

I understand the Cluster labeling (I do it all the time, myself), but I don't understand how the O.P.'s "previous Test Engineer" or Artem.SPb created the "above-the-Array" "column labels" that show up in the Grey boxes.  When I've wanted to do something like this (usually because I didn't want to see the Cluster Labels on each Cluster Line, but wanted a single Label Strip at the top), I made a Text Decoration with the Labels and then "grouped" it with the Array as a Custom Control (as Artem.SPb suggested), but that doesn't seem to be what was done here.

What's the New Trick?

Bob Schor

As Artem.SPb said, it's a customized control with 'label' decorations (given a background) placed where desired.

Message 6 of 8
(2,678 Views)

Hi  

I try it and nothing happened 

I don't think that  the title is related to cluster 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,659 Views)

If it is, indeed, a Custom Control, then you need to find the .ctl (Control) file that defines it, which is where the Decoration that sits on top of the Array of Clusters and names the Columns is defined.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,637 Views)