LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arranging x, y pairs in Intensity chart

Yes your code works the way i want to some extent and i really want to thank you for that. but how do I represent the negative axes on an intensity graph . Please check the VI then I hope you will have an idea what i am talking about. Thank You.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(619 Views)

@sheshu9a1 wrote:

Yes your code works the way i want to some extent and i really want to thank you for that. but how do I represent the negative axes on an intensity graph . Please check the VI then I hope you will have an idea what i am talking about. Thank You.

You can change the scale min, max, step with the scale's property Offset and Multiplier.

If you set offset to -5, a range of 0 -10 will be changed to -5 to 5.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(611 Views)

Yes we can change the axis starting point by setting some offset but the data starts from the offset itself. Some of my data starts from the positive side and traverses into negative side

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(607 Views)

@sheshu9a1 wrote:

Yes we can change the axis starting point by setting some offset but the data starts from the offset itself. Some of my data starts from the positive side and traverses into negative side

If you want to flip just the scale, make the offset positive, and the multiplier negative.

Or if you want to reverse the data and the scale, flip the scale (type the max scale in the min scale, and the scale and the data is flipped).

Or if you want to flip the data, and not the scale,  change the linear conversion of in your loops.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(603 Views)

@sheshu9a1 wrote:

Array indices are always non-negative, so you need to apply an offset such that e.g. index 1024 corresponds to zero. For display, you can change the axis offset accordingly.

You really (really!) should adapt my second example where you iterate over intensity pixels!!!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(591 Views)

@sheshu9a1 wrote:

No, just no!

• First of all, unless you really want to zoom in later, you don't need an array that is larger than the number of displayed pixels!
  • Obviously, you don't understand my code. It is pointless to create a 2D array that contains 25 times too many elements and most elements never touched. Changing the multiplier of the axes simply changes the axis markers such that one array element has 5 units. No need to make each dimension 5x larger!
  • Here's a simple rewrite, allowing you to define the starting and ending angle. (yes, the array is still way (way!!!) too big, 2048x2048). You could tune the display to the actual pixels of the graph (not shown).
  • Many things could be tuned significantly (not shown).

altenbach_0-1637704153348.png

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(588 Views)

hi, even i am not sure about the array size i just want to represent the data (that comes in azimuth (horizontal) and elevation(vertical) angles). In your example the angles remain same but in my case they change with every iteration. Lets say my azimuth is 60 and my elevation is 10. so with interval of 1 degree the angles changes for every iteration (azimuth - 60,61,62,63... and elevation- 10,11,12,....). I have tried your method and unable to figure out a way to represent the data. and what do you mean by tune the display to the actual pixels of the graph

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(545 Views)