From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

antenna pattern

Solved!
Go to solution

hello everyone;

Is there a package on labview that support the antenna pattern.

I want to help my students to know the different kinds of antennas (omni_dir,directional,yagi....etc) and showing them the pattern of each kind,is labview has this capability?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,999 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ASHLY19

@ASHLY19 wrote:

hello everyone;

Is there a package on labview that support the antenna pattern.

Not that I know off.

@ASHLY19 wrote:

I want to help my students to know the different kinds of antennas (omni_dir,directional,yagi....etc) and showing them the pattern of each kind,is labview has this capability?

Sure, this can probably (not knowing any requirement) be made in LabVIEW.

Sounds like a good student project. We can help you\him to make this of course.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,984 Views)

I will be grateful for you help, is there is any problem providing me documentation about this topic

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,976 Views)
Solution

@ASHLY19 wrote:

I will be grateful for you help, is there is any problem providing me documentation about this topic

What topic?

You'll need an application. So someone needs to learn to program. This entire forum is about that.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,963 Views)

I am sorry but I am confused , do you mean that this will need someone who is familiar of labview,or mean that the topic of the antenna and its pattern need a new course on labview?

hint:I took a course on labview(core#1,core#2,core#3)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,947 Views)
Solution

@ASHLY19 wrote:

I am sorry but I am confused , do you mean that this will need someone who is familiar of labview,or mean that the topic of the antenna and its pattern need a new course on labview?

Yes, it would help if the programmer is familiar with LabVIEW. And it would help if the person making this application also knows about the topic of the antenna. That's not required, I make applications for customers all the time, and sometimes I know nothing about their field. Good specifications is what is needed in that case.

I don't think a new course on antenna patterns in LabVIEW will gain enough interest. Of course, if you're making such an application you could make tutorials about it. If the application is a general tool, it might get interest from the RF crowd and the LabVIEW crowd. Who know?

@ASHLY19 wrote:

hint:I took a course on labview(core#1,core#2,core#3)

That is a great start. It should give you enough knowledge to at least get started and to gain information about missing gabs.

Those courses are just theory, so when building an application from scratch, you will run into a few obstacles. That's where we can help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,920 Views)

Yes I understood you,but really there is no application I am just want to help my students the types of antennas and help them knowing the difference pattern of each kind, I know that labview is very useful software so I asked if it has this capability or No?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,908 Views)

@ASHLY19 wrote:

Yes I understood you,but really there is no application I am just want to help my students the types of antennas and help them knowing the difference pattern of each kind, I know that labview is very useful software so I asked if it has this capability or No?

Pretty much everything that can be programmed, can be programmed in LabVIEW.

If you're looking for examples, we'd need to no more about what exactly you're looking for. I'm no antenna pattern expert. Changes an antenna pattern expert will read this are slim.

There's no antenna pattern application that I know of. It can be made, but to advice on how to do this (it could be easy) we need details.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,901 Views)
Solution

Here's a few links to give you some ideas of what is possible.

Automated Antenna Testing Using NI LabVIEW Software and PXI Hardware

Building a Scalable Antenna Test System Using LabVIEW

PXI-Based RF Antenna Testing System

Have a search on YouTube for Antenna and LabVIEW and you might find something interesting.  

There's a good LabVIEW staring page here:  

LabVIEW Content Landing Page

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,876 Views)