cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

analyzing signal

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Labview Users,

I have a vi that records mass gains as a function of time. The problem I have is that I want the time on the x-axis to be in seconds but somehow the vi records the data fast and the time is definitely not seconds. It's not milliseconds either. I have attached the front panel and I need help in making the vi record the data as a function of real time (in seconds).

Thanks.

-Sicelo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,197 Views)

Sicelo, 

it seems that your vi is running each loop in the computer availability. 

In order to make your graph works, you can either put a wait timer on your loop (1000ms wait time) or you can program your AD converter and use the sample time as a delta time on your graph. 

If you system is slow ( one sample per second) then, you can use a wait time. If your signal is fast, then the best way to go is to program your AD converter and then you plot your data as a wafeform graph, with arrays of data, instead of waveform chart. 

RKO
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,193 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I would rather not program the AD converter and I want to display the data as a waveform chart. Does it matter if the graph is being displayed as a waveform chart or graph?

Thanks.

-Sicelo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,190 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sicelo

the waveform chart  every time you read your signal, you plot your data. 

The waveform graph you plot arrays of data. If you don't want to program the ad, then, use the wafeform chart, and time your loop, so you will have your measurements in a definide time. If you don't time your loop, the computer runs it as fast as it can, and you can't garantee that it will read your signa in regular intervals.

RKO
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,188 Views)

Alright. Sounds good.

Thanks.

-Sicelo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,186 Views)