LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alarm & Event query.vi

I`ve problems useing the alarm & event query.vi with LabVIEW7.1.  The table or multicolumn listbox output from this vi only gives very old alarms. It is possibe to read any ErrorTag and the alarm and logging data in the .scf file is enabled.

If I use an alarm an event view on Citadel 5 Universe it shows the same old alarms.

Is the Citadel Database corrupt because of changing error Tags in the Database or because of changing PC-name.

I`m very thankfull whith any help !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,222 Views)

Hi,

did it work correctly before?

It may be that you are experiencing that because of a computer name change. Please see the following document:

How to View Alarms and Events with Citadel 5

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/40D4B55AE102D53E86256DD80073996D?OpenDocument

Let me know if it helps.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,188 Views)

marting74 wrote:

Is the Citadel Database corrupt because of changing error Tags in the Database or because of changing PC-name.

I think so. I remember from my earlier DSC project that not only changing PC-name renders the Citadel DB useless/corrupt, but transferring it from PC to PC in N/W by simple copy-paste operation also renders it corrupt.

There is something done by NI internally to make it hooked it to the PC/Host name.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,183 Views)
I encountered this problem in LV-LV DSC 8.5 & 8.6.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,182 Views)

Hi again,

it seems I sent the wrong link...here is the one I meant:

Why is My Citadel Database Missing After Renaming My Computer?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F3DE0C156BFD12EF86256D2B00748475?OpenDocument

Regards,

Message 5 of 13
(3,180 Views)
I think the only way to restore the Citadel DB is to edit the Windows Registry, but it will require Admin priveleges, which may not be available for developers in most of the companies.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,177 Views)
Aah! Joseph has already sent the correct link.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,176 Views)

Thanks to Josepf and Partha, Next week I`ve the possibility to work on this machine. I will let you know if I was able to solve it.

marting74

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,148 Views)
Will be waiting for that... Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,144 Views)

I first tried to compact the corrupt Database with the MAX and get the Errormeassage "x unspecified error". The I created a new Database and set the Database Path for Historical & Event logging with the Tag configuration editor to the Database path. The new Database can be compacted without an error meassage with MAX and the Historical logging is also ok but when I call the Alarm&Event Query.vi I get the error. I`m using LabVIEW7.1. DSC.

Fehler -1967386611 ist bei HIST_RunAlarmQuery.vi,  aufgetreten.

When I set the Database Path back to the original corrupt Database this error window is not activated.

How can I go on

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,111 Views)