From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activate floating window

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author littlesphaeroid

Looks like it doesn't work if you have the floating window automatically hide.  If you uncheck that box, it looks like the frontmost property will work.  So, that may be a bug, as I do not understand why it should make any difference.

Message 11 of 17
(1,715 Views)

Matthew: That was it!!!! one stupid checkbox. Well, I thank you for your perservereance in helping me, despite my strident language... 

(1,709 Views)

I have just read this thread and littlespaeroid seemed perfectly clear to me.  Hopefully he was not upset by your confrontational and abrasive language.  Maybe you were having a bad day that day.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(981 Views)

I have no idea who you think was confrontational and abrasive.

Or why you felt the need to comment in a 3 year old thread about it.

Message 14 of 17
(958 Views)

natasftw said "What you asked for was confusing, poorly communicated, and the furthest thing from clear."  Seemed very unnecessary!  Yes, unusual to comment so much later!  But actually, the thread was about an issue I have been struggling with.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(936 Views)

Tim, thank you for commenting on this. It's funny, I found myself back on this thread again for the same reason. This LabVIEW bug bites me every time I try to make a dialog (not often), and I'm glad that this forum post is here to remind me!

It is frustrating how often responses on forums so frequently derail the topic or fail to address the real issue. This post is a clear example of that 🙂

(864 Views)

I also struggled with this. My dialogue window can spawn other windows so it cannot be modal, but it was very annoying to have to click it to get focus. Thanks to Mathew for the answer, and to littlesphaeroid for posting it in the first place.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(817 Views)