From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Function on waveform data

Would you say do something like this RavensFan?

Attached VI. Loop without diagram disable.

Ideally it is a single value i would like to use to tare the data.

Rhys

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(2,300 Views)

That's basically it.

You still had the unnecessary extra waveform split and unbundle.  I cleaned up the code and made it simpler.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(2,289 Views)

hallo Ravensfan,

i am beginner in LabVIEW, and i want to acquire data using loadcell. this case actually same with mine and i want to use this vi for my task, but i want to set the averaged value from sum of several channel. because i want to acquire multiple data (8 channel input).

device that i use: cDAQ 9188 cahassis and C series module 9201 (dsub)

in my case i have 8 channel input data that i want to acquire. and there are summing operation of some channel to get the value F (force) for each axis. here the summing operation:

ch 1 + ch 2 = Fx

ch 3 + ch 4 = Fy

ch 5 + ch 6 + ch 7 + ch 8 = Fz

snipped.png

thing that i want to ask, how i split the data from the DAQmx read function (highlighted in pic) to be 8 output? then i want to use numeric (add) function to do a summing operation and perform null offset each value after summing (Fx Fy F).

i hope you reply this message and i'll appreciate it. i don't know should i make a thread or just reply your message because i really need your help. thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,675 Views)

Hi irfaanz,

@irfaanz wrote:

in my case i have 8 channel input data that i want to acquire. and there are summing operation of some channel to get the value F (force) for each axis. here the summing operation:

ch 1 + ch 2 = Fx

ch 3 + ch 4 = Fy

ch 5 + ch 6 + ch 7 + ch 8 = Fz

thing that i want to ask, how i split the data from the DAQmx read function (highlighted in pic) to be 8 output?

In your image you are reading only one channel instead of proposed 8 channels…

Once you read multiple channels you just use IndexArray to get the waveform of each channel, then you just use Add functions as needed…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 14 of 19
(1,669 Views)

thanks for reply GerdW,

i choose this analog 2D DBL signal on daqmx read function instead 1D waveform, is it true?

is it true signal should i choose?is it true signal should i choose?

and i've make a sum from each channel to get Force value. is it correct with my new program? i just want to makesure. thankyou

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,650 Views)

I think you got dt error on first itteration.

изображение.png

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,638 Views)

@0Forest0 wrote:

I think you got dt error on first itteration.

I'm sorry, i don't reall understand why i got an error. Would you like explain to me about it? And why your vi is different with mine? Do you simpler my vi? Thankyou, i hope you reply my message.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,609 Views)

Hi, I think you got the error because on the first iteration shift register had initialised by default value. And this default value has dt=1. But you got a new value with dt not equal 1. And minus vi showed error.

In my case the feedback node has got initialised on first iterration with your first value with dt not equal 1. And then minus vi has two same values on first iterration.

Message 18 of 19
(1,586 Views)

@0Forest0 wrote:

Hi, I think you got the error because on the first iteration shift register had initialised by default value. And this default value has dt=1. But you got a new value with dt not equal 1. And minus vi showed error.

In my case the feedback node has got initialised on first iterration with your first value with dt not equal 1. And then minus vi has two same values on first iterration.

yeah i see.. Before you told me i'm still use that program, after a few seconds it's running, i push the 'tare' button for a few seconds, to store updated mean data to 'minus-ing' value, and it updated the offset data and it's not error as the first iteration. Thanks for correction Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,563 Views)