LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4d Plot using 4-(1d arrays) x-y-z and color

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to make a 4d plot using 4-(1d arrays). The 3D scatter plot shows my 3D data correctly. I collect data in a circular pattern now I want to plot that circular pattern using 3D contour or some other 3D plot but, I want to control the shell color mapping for each data point. I have attached my code. Still using LV2017

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,499 Views)

you may have figured it out on your own,

but it appears to me you want to use

http://www.ni.com/example/25468/en/

4d_cw-plot.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,401 Views)

I love it!!!  I picked cwColorSpectrum point style. How do I add the graphs color legend? So you can tell what the color equals what value.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,383 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author knows-just-enough

@knows-just-enough wrote:

I love it!!!  I picked cwColorSpectrum point style. How do I add the graphs color legend? So you can tell what the color equals what value.

I' m not sure, I think such a thing doesnt exist for those active X 3d graphs ... maybe someone else knows?

roll your own:

0.PNG

attached is my quick draft, saved in LabView 2017

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,369 Views)

Sorry for the delay I had to work on another project. Good idea on your work around. I tried it with other data sets and would sometimes error out if two values in color array were the same. I ended up using windows snapping tool and cutting legend out and placing array in min/max indicator next to legend. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,335 Views)