Clipboard.png

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 46
(1,252 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

Here is the issue I'm currently working on:

Clipboard.png

Ok; I fixed that. But I'll hold off throwing out another version until I get more feedback.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 46
(1,235 Views)

Seems like VIPM isn't going to work for me.  Now I have to invent my own packager.  Shouldn't be too hard.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 46
(1,202 Views)

Based on the lack of feedback, I infer that there's little or no interest.  But I've been using Y Controls, finding issues, and fixing them.  Since no one else appears to have been participating, I haven't concerned myself with backward compatibility,  I'm getting close to sharing a new version.  Anything made with the old version will be broken.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 46
(1,104 Views)

Thanks 

I'm still interested but lack of time to really test.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 46
(1,098 Views)

Y Controls cannot be made to work reliably with LabVIEW 2018 or earlier (due to a bug in those earlier versions).

Here is a version that works with LabVIEW 2019 +.

I am not aware of any bugs in this version.

Message 26 of 46
(1,091 Views)

To test my first Y Control, I put it on the front panel of a "Dialog Using Events" instance and saved it as "test.vi". The Y Control operates as expected when running the test.vi.
Then I made a Build Specification that produces an application of the test.vi. The application builder builds the *.exe without complains. (In LabVIEW 2019 SP1, the Build Specification just contains the test.vi as the Startup VI.)
When running the application I get three error messages in the following order.
Error 7 occurred at Open VI Reference in Y Control Ability Manager.XCTL:Init.vi->Y Control Ability Manager.XCTL:Init.vi.ProxyCaller
Error 7 occurred at Open VI Reference in Y Control Ability Manager.XCTL:Facade.vi:2840002->Y Control Ability Manager.XCTL:Facade.vi.ProxyCaller
Error 7 occurred at Open VI Reference in Y Control Ability Manager.XCTL:Start Y Control Event Handler.vi:5270003->Y Control Ability Manager.XCTL:Facade.vi:2840002->Y Control Ability Manager.XCTL:Facade.vi.ProxyCaller
After confirming each of the errors the application executes and I can operate on the numeric controls - but it seems that the Event Handler of the Y Control is not operating/executing: I can operate on the front panel, but the Y Control logic is lost.
Is there anything that I have missed in the Build Specification?

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 46
(1,045 Views)

@GuenterMueller wrote:

To test my first Y Control, I put it on the front panel of a "Dialog Using Events" instance and saved it as "test.vi". The Y Control operates as expected when running the test.vi.
Then I made a Build Specification that produces an application of the test.vi. The application builder builds the *.exe without complains. (In LabVIEW 2019 SP1, the Build Specification just contains the test.vi as the Startup VI.)
When running the application I get three error messages in the following order.
Error 7 occurred at Open VI Reference in Y Control Ability Manager.XCTL:Init.vi->Y Control Ability Manager.XCTL:Init.vi.ProxyCaller
Error 7 occurred at Open VI Reference in Y Control Ability Manager.XCTL:Facade.vi:2840002->Y Control Ability Manager.XCTL:Facade.vi.ProxyCaller
Error 7 occurred at Open VI Reference in Y Control Ability Manager.XCTL:Start Y Control Event Handler.vi:5270003->Y Control Ability Manager.XCTL:Facade.vi:2840002->Y Control Ability Manager.XCTL:Facade.vi.ProxyCaller
After confirming each of the errors the application executes and I can operate on the numeric controls - but it seems that the Event Handler of the Y Control is not operating/executing: I can operate on the front panel, but the Y Control logic is lost.
Is there anything that I have missed in the Build Specification?

The bug happening when my Y Control system is trying to access info about your Y Control's .lvclass while the class is inside the .exe.  It will take a while for me to resolve this.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 46
(1,001 Views)

Thanks for your prompt response, Paul.   I did not dive into the details of the Y control implementation when I got these errors.  As I take from your answer, you have identified the root cause.  These are good news.  Happy coding, Paul

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 46
(993 Views)

Try this.  It's backward compatible with version 2.0.0.0, so no need to remake your Y Control.  Just install this over ver. 2.0.0.0; and no need to restart LV for this change.

Message 30 of 46
(983 Views)