From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Y Controls

Looks like no one is interested.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 46
(1,017 Views)

I missed your answer and had my grandchilderen for this weekend, So probably play with it tomorrow

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 46
(1,015 Views)

I'm currently chasing a strange bug: Once a VI with a Y Control is in memory, it won't unload (until you exit LabVIEW).

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 46
(986 Views)

I'd like to check it out but I don't have a ton of time to do a full "dive" into them.

Can you throw your demo video on Youtube? I bet you'll get more hits if people can get a feel for what they do and how they're functionally different from Q/X controls.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 46
(976 Views)

Hi Paul,

don't hurry - also other stuff to do…

In a first test I followed all the steps in your description successfully.

Then I changed the facade.ctl (replace button by numeric control) while another VI with my "Y test control" was still open: LabVIEW crashed and vanished from screen.

After restarting LabVIEW the "try to recreate the last items" dialog popped up: hitting "recreate" again crashed LabVIEW. I had to choose "don't recreate last items" top open LabVIEW…

(Sorry for rather rough translations of that dialog button texts as I currently use a German LabVIEW version.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 46
(963 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Paul,

don't hurry - also other stuff to do…

In a first test I followed all the steps in your description successfully.

Then I changed the facade.ctl (replace button by numeric control) while another VI with my "Y test control" was still open: LabVIEW crashed and vanished from screen.

After restarting LabVIEW the "try to recreate the last items" dialog popped up: hitting "recreate" again crashed LabVIEW. I had to choose "don't recreate last items" top open LabVIEW…

(Sorry for rather rough translations of that dialog button texts as I currently use a German LabVIEW version.)

Hmmm.  That doesn't happen for me (although I've made a number of changes trying to find out why owning VIs get stuck in memory (OK, I know it's because something is holding a ref to the VI.  But I haven't figured out what))

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 46
(961 Views)

Here's the new improved version.  I'm still chasing bugs, but they're not as nasty.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 46
(927 Views)

Opening in 2018, it's looking for "XML Path to LV Path.vi". I can't load in my test Y control without telling it where that file is. Should that be included in Y Controls.zip?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 46
(922 Views)

@BertMcMahan wrote:

Opening in 2018, it's looking for "XML Path to LV Path.vi". I can't load in my test Y control without telling it where that file is. Should that be included in Y Controls.zip?

Oops.  Here's the fix.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 46
(893 Views)

I finally resolved the issue of things getting stuck in memory.

Throw away the old versions, throw away Y Controls that you made with them, and use this new version.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 46
(883 Views)