From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY graph using formula node

Solved!
Go to solution

In a formula node there is one input(x) and two outputs(y1,y2).

Plot y1,y2 on a single XY graph for different x1 values(from 100-200). please reply...

regards,

jathin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,893 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jathin

Please post your code, regardless of its state.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
Message 2 of 14
(5,889 Views)

inputs: X

outputs:Y1 and Y2

with different values of X plot Y1 and Y2 using Formula node

note: X values are from 100 to 200.

for any code..please do it and attach

please reply

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,881 Views)

Hi Jathin,

this sounds like a school assignment. This forum isn't intended to do other peoples homework.

This assignment also is very basic stuff, which should be easily to solve after going through basics course offered by NI...

And, as said before, we will help to develop code as soon as you attach your work here. We will not write stuff from scratch...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 14
(5,865 Views)

I attached the file I did is this the way the problem can be solved or sugges any steps...Please reply...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(5,845 Views)

Look at the XY graph Example VI in the Example Finder.

You want to use one of the Multiplot data structures.

Message 6 of 14
(5,840 Views)

But its not coming when i tried to do like that it is showing error when i attach a wire from the bundle to the multiplot graph ...please help...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,837 Views)

What you posted seems to meet your requirements. (Correction: I see that you are to have two plots. Follow Ravens Fan's advice)  I like to keep the wires straighter and the block diagram more compact but those have no effect on performance. Avoiding coercion dots is probably a good practice to adopt. In this case not problems will occur but it is better to know how things are being converted rather than relying on the default conversion.  It is good practice to document both the block diagram and the VI itself (VI Properties >> Documentation).

The formulas you chose are not the easiest to visualize as far as verifying the correct performance. If you connect to i (rather than the random numbers) and arrange the arithmetic functions to make x increase monotonically from 100 to 200 you will see the sine waves.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,831 Views)

What does the error say?  Post your VI again.

Here is what I have.

Message 9 of 14
(5,830 Views)

But i have to plot from 100-200 know...the x values should be from 100-200

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,823 Views)