From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing multiple waveforms to a csv file

I am continuously collecting data from a current, voltage and temperature module and I would like to plot the three DAQmx Read (VI) output waveforms in a single csv file.  I will be taking samples at the same rate (1k Hz) for each virtual channel so I assume the time data for each respective virtual channel will be the same?  When I wire the three waveforms to a write to file or write to spreadsheet file I am receiving errors stating that there can only be one source.  How can I write these three waveforms to a single csv file?  An example containing a VI that writes three arbitrary waveforms to a single csv file would help me out immensely.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,870 Views)

From your description, I am assuming that your waveforms will have the same time constant. If this is true, the attached example should do what you want. This will take 3 waveforms, create a series of time values and save them all as a single csv file. Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 9
(7,862 Views)
You could simply use the build array function and pass the array to Export Waveforms to Spreadsheet File.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,849 Views)

Dennis,

I tried doing that but when I wired all three waveforms to the single input of the build array function I received an error saying there can only be one source?  Could you post a simple vi showing how to wire up three random waveforms to the build array function to a write to spreadsheet file vi?  Thats really all I need to get my VI running.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(7,842 Views)
You just drag it down to create three inputs. Have you taken the LabVIEW basics tutorial?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,836 Views)

Hello mbrupb,

Here is a VI that can show you how you can save 3 signals into a .csv file using the write to spreadsheet VI. In this example 3 waveforms are being generated and then written to the file.

I hope this help you with your project.

Best Regards

Miriam
Field Applications Engineer
NI Colombia
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(7,814 Views)

Hi, im also facing this problem, i have a signal that is a special waveform, am i able to save the data as a csv file so that i can analyse it? i am unable to open the solution u gave and would love to give it a try in my project. (i am using Labview 2010)

here is the image URL:
http://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/170/692316/1/F0000TEK.JPG 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,682 Views)

I converted the file to 8.0 for you.  2010 can open that.

How are you obtaining the waveform?  I see a scope screen capture, but you need the actual waveform data in order to save it to a csv.  Also, the scope may be able to save the waveform to a csv for you (I had an older Tek scope that did).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,680 Views)

thanks in advance for the conversion. the image is taken from a oscilloscope but for the actual project i would be using DAQ9219 or 9222 for voltage capturing. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(7,677 Views)