LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing MDSPlus Segmented Records

Solved!
Go to solution

Has anyone been successful at writing segmented records into an MDSPlus tree from a Labview Application?  I have tried the LVOOP sample VIs downloaded from mdsplus.org, but can't even open an MDSPlus tree successfully  (Labview aborts).  I don't really want to use LVOOP, but that's all MDSPlus developers offer.  Let me know if anyone has written non-LVOOP Labview VIs to write segmented (a.k.a. trended data) records, specifically timestamped data.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,756 Views)

Hi, 

I have been looking into this and sounds like this is only supported by LVOOP. 

Here is a link with some information. This helps to get an interface between LabVIEW and MDSplus

http://www.mdsplus.org/index.php/Documentation:Tutorial:LabVIEW

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,701 Views)

Thanks for replying!  its such a small niche topic that I didn't think I would get any replies.

I have read all articles on www.mdsplus.org regarding segmented records; downloaded the LVOOP libraries for Labview.  I cannot even open an MDSPlus tree with the LVOOP VI!  When the MDSPlus Open VI executes, Labview application disappears (aborts).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,693 Views)

Hi, 

I have been looking for a way to do it without LVOOP. Al the information available is from the web site you mentioned. Did you get like an error code when LabVIEW aborts?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,665 Views)

no error code, because all Labview windows immediately disappear -------  poof!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,657 Views)

Where did you get the LabVIEW codes? can you attach them try them on my computer?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,636 Views)

Thanks for looking into this.  Have you been successful?

I downloaded the MDSPlus LVOOP VIs & libraries here:

http://www.mdsplus.org/index.php/Latest_Windows_Distributions

in other words, the LVOOP mdsplus files install when you install MDSPlus, if you choose the right options.

Took the default install directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\mdsobjects\labview\MDSplus

I am working with Labview 2014 SP1, 32-bit version on a Win7 64-bit.

attached a sample VI that aborts.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,585 Views)

Hi,

I am the author of the library. If you need further information on this write me.

Enrico

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,044 Views)

thanks for responding!

I have received a new code library from the MDSPlus developer; so I have solved my issue for now.

Gretchen

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,034 Views)

Hello, can you share the files you found, I am also researching LVoop recently, sorry for your inconvenience

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(1,382 Views)