cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write Data into 2D Array in differents orientations

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi community,

how can I write data into an array in differents directions?

here is my vi but i dont know how to do it in LabVIEW.

Thank you for your answer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,398 Views)

Where does the data come from?  How many different orientations could you have?  Why does your picture so a 20° orientation, but behaves more like 45° (one over, one up, one over, one up)?

At the end of the day, you will probably need a loop and the Replace Array Subset function working on an array that you keep in a shift register.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,392 Views)

I'm not going to give you the answer.  (I suspect a homework assignment is involved)

However, since you know the angle and the number of elements you want to place in a line along that angle, this primitive is likely going to become your best friend

Capture.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,388 Views)

Thank you for your reply. I only simulated the data.

i get the data from the sensor (1D Array of 10 values) and i want  to plot it on the intensity graph depending from the orientation.

The orientation changes between 0 to 180°.

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,387 Views)

Hi 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,343 Views)

I'm flying today and have no LabVIEW available.  I'll look in @ Thursday.  I bet others will beat me to a solution.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,341 Views)

okay 

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,309 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LearnIT

@JÞB wrote:

@I'm flying today and have no LabVIEW available.  I'll look in @ Thursday.  I bet others will beat me to a solution.

Well, Well, Well!  One time the 8-Ball missed by a mile!  No one went to town and got jiggy on the problem!  It really was a fun little vi to write.  I'll start with a tease:  Code capture (Backsaved to 9.0 since it depends on no features that haven't been around for a long long time) to follow in a spoiler.  For those playing along for fun and games, duplicate the code without peeking.

File this under the heading "Polar is cool - Cartesian is square!"

Spoiler
Replace by Rho Theta_BD.pngDrat the Silver FP controls are going to look really bad in 2009  lets add a 2012 version to save your eyeballs some stress
Replace by Rho Theta_BD.png

Message 8 of 9
(3,272 Views)

Hi 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,260 Views)