cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with listboxes

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I want to select listbox components by using of mouse and keyboard. As well, I want to automatically select them by using of any mathematic algorithm. Obviously this is easily possible by using of the listbox property "value".

But there are additional properties, which seem to have simillar meanings but also seem to work completely independent of "value": --> "focus line" and "active line" (real property names can slightly differ, I'm working with a german gui)

Is there anybody who can explain, for what these properties are useful? Why does Labview distinguish between three different "active" lines, at the same time!?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(711 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author scr_rhe

@scr_rhe wrote:

Hi,

I want to select listbox components by using of mouse and keyboard. As well, I want to automatically select them by using of any mathematic algorithm. Obviously this is easily possible by using of the listbox property "value".

But there are additional properties, which seem to have simillar meanings but also seem to work completely independent of "value": --> "focus line" and "active line" (real property names can slightly differ, I'm working with a german gui)

Is there anybody who can explain, for what these properties are useful? Why does Labview distinguish between three different "active" lines, at the same time!?

Focus line and active line are not the terms used in English...

Perhaps you can post some code? I think you might mean active cell and focus row?

The active cell can be set to change properties, like color or font.

Focus row is the row last selected by the user.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(682 Views)

Many thanks,

your assumption about active cell and focus row was quite right.

I played a little with both. Now it also makes sense to distinguish between all of them.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(641 Views)