LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window listener

Solved!
Go to solution

I am controlling an app through labview, because I am doing a repetitive process.

I need to listen for a window, so I can repeat the process.

Can anyone please help me in doing this?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,127 Views)

I am launching and controlling an app through keyboard commands, and I need to wait until a window appears, to repeat the process.

I know I can wait until a process ends, but I need to launch windows without closing the previous.

Can anyone please help me?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,134 Views)

You posted essentially the same request (slightly different wording, but the same title) twice.  Neither one makes a whole lot of sense to me -- I don't see the LabVIEW question there, don't understand what you want to do, and you have provided no evidence that you have done any LabVIEW work on this project for us to help you.  If you want to hire a LabVIEW Developer to do your work for you, this is not the correct Forum (look through the Forum list and you'll find some where you can hire Developers).  If you have LabVIEW code for which you need help, post the code (not a picture of part of the code), tell us the problem you are having, and we will try to help or make (what we hope are) helpful suggestions.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,111 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Nando88

Controlling other applications isn't easy.

It depends much on how the application is made. A Java application is hard, a native window (C\C++) application is usually easier, a LabVIEW executable can be easy or impossible, depending on how it's set up.

VB, .NET, MFC, Java, Python, they all have different ways to approach. And all are difficult...

Finding Windows is usually a matter of calling FindWindow from User32.dll (IIRC). You should be able to find it on the forum. It's been done before.

Message 4 of 4
(2,077 Views)