cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win OS Type (bit)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

Is there any way to get the win bit type from labview? (32/64)

I wanna use other exe in my app, but when my OS is 32bit, i have to use the proper 32bit exe.

In the installer, I will attach both exes (32and 64) and what exe is needed it is decided by runtime...

What is you opinion about this procedure? Can u suggest me a more elegant?  

Thanks!

---
+++ In God we believe, in Trance we Trust +++
[Hungary]
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,370 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author D60
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,367 Views)

Thank you! I did, but only in this forum... 

sorry...

---
[Hungary]
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,364 Views)

The link provided seems to indicate that it will tell you what version of LabVIEW you are running, not necessarily what version of OS you are running.  I don't have anyway to check to see if it works or not since I don't have a 64-bit OS, but my concern is if you are running 32-bit LabVIEW on a 64-bit OS, it will still respond with 32-bit.

The attachment has several VIs.  You need to look at two:

\WinAPI\OS\AIT - WinAPI - Get OS Info (Basic).vi

\WinAPI\Process\AIT - WinAPI - Check if Running as WOW 64.vi

AIT - WinAPI - Get OS Info (Basic).vi will tell you what architecture you are running on.  If you are 64-bit LV, then you will get x64.  Unfortunately, Windows will return x32 if you are a 32-bit application running on 64-bit OS.  So, you also have to use AIT - WinAPI - Check if Running as WOW 64.vi.  If it indicates you are running WOW64, then you are 32-bit running on a 64-bit OS.  But, if you are 64-bit LV, this will return a false.  So you have to look at both outputs to know which OS you are on.

Message 4 of 5
(3,347 Views)

THANK YOU!!!!!

Yes, you are right! I've some camera dlls for 32/64 bit win. I had to decide somehow that is the version of the target win where my app is runnung. Your vis are very very useful! Thaks for sharing it!

---
[Hungary]
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,342 Views)