From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't all the array elements display?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to learn about manipulating arrays.  The example finder includes this one," build array_forum.vi", which shows the two modes, concatenate and append, which I can understand, HOWEVER, I cannot figure out how they built this vi.  For example, I can find the Build Array function, but, I cannot understand how they created the "array of numeric data 1"  "array of numeric data 2"...etc, and I cannot find the functions on the palettes that result in the display "build array concatenate inputs".  Where are these blue functions????

Where are these functions found on the palette, and how does one construct them like this?

The other vi shown here, "for loop array_forum.vi" is my attempt to duplicate it, but, it does not show all the elements of the array; instead it displays only ONE element, the last element of the array.  How do I display all the elements of the array I am trying to create using the FOR LOOP?  Am I doing something wrong with the FOR LOOP?

Thanks,

dave

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,677 Views)

The for loop should look like this:

Example.png

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,672 Views)

The build array is located here:

Example.png

If you right click on the build it will give you an option to concatinate input or not with a checkmark:

Example 1.png

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,668 Views)

Thank you, Tim.  If you look inside the WHILE loop of the example, there are I-32 types, and I cannot find on the palette where these are.  I assume these are arrays...how does one put these into a vi?

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,660 Views)

If you place a control, indacator or constant on the block diagram you can right click and change the properties there:

Example.png

If you have a control or indicatior on the front page you can go to the properties by right clicking.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,658 Views)

Sounds like you need to go through a few basic LabVIEW tutorials.  Most of this stuff is explained quite well by NI:  http://www.ni.com/academic/students/learnlabview/

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,649 Views)

Hello Tim and Nilquist,

Thanks for your help.  Let me re-state my question.  I have studied the Labview basics, and I understand about REPRESENTATION, data types etc., but, take a look at the attached vi.  In it, I have added an indicator, and the indicator I have added is called ARRAY by default, and it is the shape of a large box.  The original indicators in the original example are small boxes are labelled I-32.  Where did the original indicators come from?  Is my indicator identical to the original ones? I am using LV2011 basic.

Thanks,

DAve

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,636 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dav2010

Right-click your Array Indicator, uncheck 'View as Icon' and see what happens.  There are two different ways of viewing terminals, most of us like the simple view, the default is the icon view.  

Message 8 of 9
(2,633 Views)

Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,612 Views)