From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wavefrom data type to excel

I am trying to capture data off an oscilloscope and write to a csv or txt.

I have tried adding an invoke node but it doesn't allow me to add notes, timestamp etc.

I have attempted to use waveform to spreadsheet.vi but some reason the spreadsheet string is grayed out. How can I enable it?

Currently the vi runs and doesn't stop...

Can you please help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,804 Views)

@lildes wrote:

I am trying to capture data off an oscilloscope and write to a csv or txt.  So why is "Excel" in the title of this Post?  You are writing a text file, possibly as a Comma-separated Values format.  

I have tried adding an invoke node but it doesn't allow me to add notes, timestamp etc.  Why are you telling us this?  There are many things that won't work ...

I have attempted to use waveform to spreadsheet.vi but some reason the spreadsheet string is grayed out. How can I enable it?  I don't see this function, so can't see what (presumably illegal) thing you wired to it.  

Currently the vi runs and doesn't stop...  When it runs, what does it do?  Does it write anything?  Does it "stall"? Where does it get stuck?  [I see no loop, so it must stop somewhere -- can you pinpoint the place it gets hung?  Where is the "sticking point"?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,774 Views)