LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform graph bug found while displaying X scale (screenshot)

Hi everyone... this is my first post here, however I think I have found a pretty large bug! Let me give a little background infomormation on what I am trying to do). My VI takes an arbitrary amount of databuffers that have been recorded at various sample rates and for differing lengths of time and graphs the data on a single waveform graph. With the different sample rates, sample start/stop times, and sample durations I have been making sure that each plot is correctly bundled with an appropriate X0 and deltaX, and also correlated with the correct Y scale. All of the "heavy lifting" of associating plots with the correct Y-scales and labels is done with property nodes (ActPlot, ActYScl, YScale.Offset, YScale.Multiplier, YScale.NameLbl.Text, etc). Furthermore, I manually set the min/max on both Y Scales, as well as the min/max on the X scale.

Now, the problem: It seems that somewhere in the process of changing all of these properties, that LabView got confused on what/how much it should actually be displaying. Here is the image, problem areas in the red box.

I have tried changing __ALL__ options on the X-scale, and even removing the extra Y-scale (it seems to be not displaying the section about the width of the 2nd Y Scale Label). Each time the VI runs, I manually set the min. to -3E-6 and the make to 1.1E-5

Can anyone figure out what the heck is going on that would cause Labview to not display all of the data within the min/max range, or to display whitespace beyond the (in this case) maximum?

Any help appreciated,

Derek Steinkamp
derekste [at] fnal [dot] gov
Accelerator Division, Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
Message 1 of 17
(4,694 Views)
bump. Could really use some help on this one, guys!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(4,671 Views)
Can you post your VI or maybe just the graph and actual data?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(4,664 Views)
Ok, here are two images. The first is the data I am graphing completely unaltered in a cookie-cutter, all-default waveform graph. The second graph is the modified graph from my program.

VI is attached, but it will be missing lots of SubVIs... however, most of the important graph stuff will be apparent.
Message 4 of 17
(4,661 Views)
One thing I should point out is that, in all cases, the data is dead-on correct. The only problem is that the scale is shifted past the range of visibility like I highlighed in the original post.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(4,658 Views)
I've see that before...

Do the following:

(1) Right-click on the graph ---> "advanced ... reset scale layout"?
(2) Right-click on the Volts scale ---> "swap sides"
(3) repeat for all graphs with bad scales.

That should fix it.
Message 6 of 17
(4,653 Views)
altenbach, that fix worked! Thank you very much... I was not looking forward to re-linking 75 property nodes 🙂 Any idea how this is caused? I didn't notice when it happened the first time around.
Message 7 of 17
(4,651 Views)
This sounds similar to the bugs CC ws chasing back in November of last year.

Here is one of his posting.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=98008#M98008

He was working and reporting quite a few graph related bugs back then.

Check his list of answers. It only about 400 answrs back or so.

Check With NI to see if this is fixed yet.

I did not remember reading about this being fixed in the LV 7.1.1 release.

many of these bugs were prompted due to re-scaling taking place. It did not matter if it was auto-scale or otherwise. Hiding the scale and re-scaling was even worse. I posted a variation on one of his original bugs that showed that the graph would keep shifting right until it was no longer visable.

Check with NI and let us know what is the state of the bug fix.

Trying to help,

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(4,621 Views)
Here is the zip I posted for CC's bug.

BTW

How did you get images to show up in your post?

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(4,615 Views)
You can get images in your post if you use HTML [img src="http://www..."][/img] tags (replace [,] with <,>) to link to an image hosted somewhere else.
Message 10 of 17
(4,462 Views)