LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform conversion

I'm currently doing a project on ECG. I got some raw data and i was told : 1) Open the textfile and display (completed). Now the 2nd task is to convert the data from the file i open to waveform. The data is attached at the bottom. (data was extract from http://www.physionet.org/cgi-bin/chart?database=aftdb&record=learning-set/n01&annotator=qrs&tstart=0... then click to "convert signal to text on the right hand side of the screen) I got some doubts: 1. How the data must be save in order to allow it appear in waveform? 2. from the VI i done so far, i not sure how to continue to do conversion to waveform.

i'm using Ver 8.2 student ver labview

Advice and example are needed for beginner like me.

Thank you
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,455 Views)
Hi scartch,

see the changed attachment. It's a rather easy job with Labview...Smiley Very Happy
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,433 Views)
Thanks GerdW. What a great example!
Amanda Howard
Americas Services and Support Recruiting Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,413 Views)
how do i give rating? help me? Thank alot..
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,381 Views)
As a tip to the poster: You can also do the file reading with the Read From Spreadsheet File to create the 2D array of numbers:

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 12-24-2007 02:26 PM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,365 Views)

Hi scartch,

If you are logged into the Forum and are able to rate messages, there will be a scale at the bottom of each message for you to do so.  This isn't an option for everyone, but please do rate responses when you are able.  It's always nice to get feedback from others. 

Jennifer R.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,316 Views)
I am stuck ! I cant find the bar u told me to gif rating..Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,304 Views)
Hi scratch and smercurio,

@scratch:
Not everyone is able to rate - you have to have a minimum number of contributions to the forum to be able to rate!

@smercurio:
When there's a header in the spreadsheet file you have to read the header first, just using "read spreadsheet file" may give wrong data in the 2D array!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,283 Views)
That's what the Array Subset is doing. I saw there was a header, but it seemed to be irrelevant in what was being done. It certainly wasn't being used for the graphing. Therefore, the Read From Spreadsheet File could be used, and you could just chop off the rows that were the header.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,276 Views)