LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform chart x values, using waveform chart as XY graph

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm developing an application to monitor PIM tests (Passive Intermodulation) and VSWR (Voltage Standing Wave Ratio). I need to create a graph to display data (IM Level vs IM Frequency), well the thing is that  I need to use the waveform chart because I need to use the Sweep Mode update... but I cant find a way write X values, the chart seems to go just by time, and I need fixed frequency values from 935MHz to 960MHz.. the idea is to use the waveform chart as a XY graph ... and also how can I graph multiple plots? Arrays, clusters? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 46
(5,469 Views)

Hi edu,

the idea is to use the waveform chart as a XY graph ...

NO. The idea is to use a XY graph as chart…

also how can I graph multiple plots?

Well, open the context help and move the mouse over the terminal of your chart/graph. Then the help will show you the answer!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 46
(5,457 Views)

Hi gerd, thanks for the reply.... 

since the waveform charts seems to run on time and y-values, do you know how to make it work for the graph to show a certain time range or window? I want to avoid the chart from scrolling and counting up on the x axis

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 46
(5,450 Views)

Hi edu,

a graph will just show what you wire as data to the graph.

So when your X array will not change the X axis will also not change…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 46
(5,444 Views)
The 'Time' on the x axis is just a label. You can set the offset and multiplier to be whatever you want as long as it's a regular interval. The only way to avoid scrolling is to set the history length to the maximum number of samples you will acquire and the min and max of the x scale to match.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 46
(5,438 Views)

Hi, 

"So when your X array will not change the X axis will also not change…"

I am not finding the right way to wire the data to the graph, I created a 2D array of 2 elements (x and y array).. any one has an example of a multiplot waveform chart using X and Y arrays?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 46
(5,422 Views)

Hi edu,

an example of a multiplot waveform chart using X and Y arrays?

A CHART only uses Y arrays. You CANNOT provide X arrays.

If you need an XY graph you should use it as it supports X and Y arrays…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 46
(5,417 Views)

Ok, got it, thanks... the only problem I have now is that the plot does not go through the whole chart, is like the data stays behind or resets really fast

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 46
(5,402 Views)

Here is a picture, as you can see, the blue dot (-200) is the only plot and thats how far it gets

PIM.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 46
(5,397 Views)
That is expected unless you use shift registers for the x and y arrays or the Express XY graph. A graph is NOT like a chart where you can simply write single updates.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 46
(5,392 Views)