Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform chart x values, using waveform chart as XY graph

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Edu9

Change it to a waveform graph.

The chart takes the data you give it each time and adds it to then end.

The graph takes all the data at once each time.

You are currently taking all the data and and adding it to the end of the chart each time!

Also, the structure of the data for a chart and a graph are different. It should work if you change to a waveform graph 🙂

Message 31 of 46
(2,219 Views)

it works!... thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 46
(2,214 Views)

Hi Stuart..

I hope you can help me with this... 

I was told to use the Waveform Graph for my application, but since I need to plot Power vs Frequency that seemed a little odd.. still your approach solved my issue with the waveform graph, but I was told today that the graph has to be XY (which now makes more sense!) .. However, it does not have the Sweep Mode update (like the Waveform Graph), any idea how to adapt your solution to a XY Graph instead of Waveform Graph? I'm sure it will be quite different since now I'll be plotting X and Y... Hope I made myself clear.. and thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 46
(2,182 Views)

Hi edu,

a graph has no "Sweep Mode", only charts provide that option!

You should have learned this by now…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 46
(2,177 Views)

GerdW, I know, I tried with the chart as well.. but Stuart came up with a way of recreating the effect and it worked with a Waveform GRAPH... now I want to find a way to do the same but using the XY... it is possible because the graph I am trying to recreate is from a software from Kaelus, I asked for their assitance since the Sweep mode issue had me confused, they gave me the wrong information and now the confirmed they use XY Graph (and believe me, the graph updates like a sweep)

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 46
(2,172 Views)

Hi edu,

you can have the same effect with a XY graph - once you provide the correct data in the X and Y arrays:

check.png

Set the first plot to show points and the 2nd one to show just the line…

(You only need to handle the "backfold" line. Well, you need to do atleast some part of your job on your own… 🙂 )

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 46
(2,167 Views)

"...but I was told today that the graph has to be XY..."

Why does it have to be XY? Who told you, and did they explain? If they told you that, they can probably tell you how to do it too!

But anyway, if you look back to page 2 of this thread I posted an example vi using an XY graph already. It updated like a chart rather than a sweep, but I said how to update like a sweep instead.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 46
(2,158 Views)

For a chart mode, using a buffer that adds points to the end of an array and deleting the oldest from the front is correct.

For a sweep mode, maintain an array, but use replace array subset to put elements into the array.  Every iteration update the index value where that point is placed and roll around when it reaches the end.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 46
(2,145 Views)

Hi, I finally succeded with the XY graph, now I am just working on speed.. Thanks to all of you!

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 46
(2,123 Views)

Right now I am also working on speed because update minimun and maximun on every iteration seems a lot of Work! And The frequency just decreases 2/5 times! 

Is there any solution for control XY graph like a chart and keep speed? 

I have to ignore dx fluctiations, build a waveform and use charts?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 46
(1,031 Views)