LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform addons

Solved!
Go to solution

I need to be able to add noise (Gaussian, Uniform  or no noise) to my VI, yes this is a homework problem. I've gone over the book and many tutorials. So I'm pretty stuck on this.

Would I need another enum control? But how can I when only one can be hooked up to the case structure? Any hints?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,922 Views)

If you look on the pallet you will see that there are many vi's that you can use for generating noise.

Example.png

The noise vi's are around the bottom. You can also just search for noise on the pallet and you should be able to find them. Did you try searching the examples for noise?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,914 Views)

thanks for the reply,

yes I know there are a bunch of vi I can use, but I'm wondering atm I have a enum control to select 3 different waveforms,

however how do I do the same for selecting different noise(uniform, none, gaussian). Since I think you can only link one enum controller onto the case structure

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,912 Views)
And why would you even think you need more than one enum?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,908 Views)

well i have an enum with sine, square, triangle. So while that simulation is running with lets say a sine wave. How would I be able to add different kinds of noise while the program is running.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,901 Views)

I did not realize you were talking about an existing enum for waveform type. So, just create a new enum for noise type. If you know how to create different waveform types with your existing enum, surely you can create different noise types.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,898 Views)

yeah but the case structure on the attached VI i posted above only takes in one enum i believe.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,890 Views)

This is so elementary. Perhaps you need to review some of the class work. If you have one enum with one case statement, adding a second enum implies what?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,885 Views)

means adding a another case structure correct? But if the 1st control controls what wave is being used, what's the use of having another case structure with noise? I want it so that i have a sine wave, and then i can also apply a noise to it.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,881 Views)

Think parallel.  Consider cases with no signal and with no noise.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,877 Views)