LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving files to sbrio 9606 FLASH

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to move files within the main memory or flash of my sbRIO.  I followed the example in this link just to figure out where c:/ gets written too.  It turns out I can only write to c😕ni-rt\ and that works (c:\ does not seem to work). I'm able to ftp by opening a Windows Explorer and tpying in FTP://ipaddress, and see the file.  I'm guessing I can use an FTP tool like filezilla to move my files into this location under my own directory and work with them.  This is to support device flashing and bootloading with hex files.

But how do you browse to a file on the flash drive?  I have seen a reference to d:/ but what is the ftp://ipaddress?

I'm sure there is documentation on this I just can't find it.

Thanks,

-SS 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,016 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ShotSimon

Hi Shot Simon,

Are you trying to access a USB plug-in Flash drive plugged into the USB port of the sbRIO-9606 via the FTP client?  That is possible, and is documented here:  Using FTP to Access and Use the External CompactFlash or USB Drive on a Real-Time Controller

CompactFlash drives (if applicable) should index at drive letter D:\ and USB drives should index starting with drive letter U:\

If the above documentation isn't what you are looking for, then I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do or where you have having an issue.  An FTP client should be able to browse to any files on the RT file system, including something like Filezilla, Windows Explorer, the FTP client included in Measurement & Automation Explorer.

Cheers,

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
Message 2 of 3
(3,010 Views)

That's what I was looking for.  Thanks, -SS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,999 Views)