LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Graph showing entire data history

Hi LKcire,

@LKcire wrote:

I guess what I am asking is, how would I take the most recent 100 points (doesnt have to be 100 could be more, but needs to be a finite number) and only plot those points in a streaming fashion.  

This has been answered in messages 6&7.

Why don#t you implement those solutions to your problem?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(459 Views)

@xipxid wrote:

I mention that I DON'T KNOW LABVIEW. I made this in only 3 weeks from scratch following context help, extended help and the beautiful examples from this wonderful forum.

Exactly! I would strongly recommend that you don't post all these flawed and offtopic code images full of race condition, local variable overuse, generic labeling, deeply stacked sequences, value property overuse and Rube Goldberg constructs in general. It really has nothing to do with the topic of this thread and is thus not helpful. Yes, one can use a chart to only display the last 100 points, but here we also need to take the FFT of the last 100 points of data that streams forever and I don't think it is a good idea to read out the history data with each iteration.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(449 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi LKcire,

@LKcire wrote:

I guess what I am asking is, how would I take the most recent 100 points (doesnt have to be 100 could be more, but needs to be a finite number) and only plot those points in a streaming fashion.  

This has been answered in messages 6&7.

Why don#t you implement those solutions to your problem?

Another option would be to use a ptbypt version of FFT and graph the output. Now you can actually use a chart with a 100 point history to display the raw data and a plain graph to display the transform.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(446 Views)

@altenbach he has been doing it all over the forum for the last couple of days...

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(423 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@xipxid wrote:

I mention that I DON'T KNOW LABVIEW. I made this in only 3 weeks from scratch following context help, extended help and the beautiful examples from this wonderful forum.

Exactly! I would strongly recommend that you don't post all these flawed and offtopic code images full of race condition, local variable overuse, generic labeling, deeply stacked sequences, value property overuse and Rube Goldberg constructs in general. It really has nothing to do with the topic of this thread and is thus not helpful. Yes, one can use a chart to only display the last 100 points, but here we also need to take the FFT of the last 100 points of data that streams forever and I don't think it is a good idea to read out the history data with each iteration.

Dear sir, I thank you for your free off charge opinion for my code. As I say... I don't know LabView, but... for somebody that don't know something and make this... in 3 weeks... with this errors that you say... and it working ok... well... you win an invitation, here I make it in write and is official.

I invite you in Spain, all included, I put at your disposition only 5 machine, BIG... machine... (not same number of function that I use in my program) to repair them, you have at your disposition 3 weeks. I bet that you do not repare one of 5 ! for somebody that know the word "Fortran" before the google edge... I have.. another expectations ! for example... an opinion on... cameras... 😉

I put all here with example title intention, I don't say... make that, I put my opinion in general, I say... "In that manner I think and make that" and it work ok. I give my opinion how to think in general because it's a problem... with thinking... it hurt...

and in... how is needed to think to understand how is thinking another 100 people to made something... you can't win me !!! 😉 I think about how you think to made something ! that is a big difference.

Do you... imagine (John Lennon) that a program... that I made it with: "code images full of race condition, local variable overuse, generic labeling, deeply stacked sequences, value property overuse and Rube Goldberg constructs in general." it work, it work ok... and it use... only 3% of processor resource ?! ?! do you imagine... my old love... LabView... how patiently are ?! how indulgently... are ?! it support all kind of... idiots (like me) !!! thank you LabView !

The conclusion that I document it... is this...

"what I say is... you need to start from the end to start, from simulate values -> after that you build from simulator real like data -> after that you display this simulation in a graph or chart -> after that you change the simulator or better add your visa logic and compare with simulated data that you know that are working correct. Not put all together in a mixer like and hope that will work, you need a step by step approach."

That is that I make and work ok.

Well... to not pollute more subjects with that comments, I will start a new subject with my vision about this problems (because are a lot of problems...) and there we can dialogate civilized. We make a rule... "If this or that... go to... link"

Best regards, Marcelo

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(417 Views)

@AeroSoul wrote:

@altenbach he has been doing it all over the forum for the last couple of days...

Sir... do you think... before that you can refere to me... do you think... that you can explain... your attitude from this subject ?!

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-connect-THORLABS-spectrometer-with-labview/td-p/4146223/page...

???

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(416 Views)