cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Chart Scale

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, Everyone.

I want to use Waveform Chart and want to create "Scale menu".

I'm already try it but it's not work...

Can someone help me fix this VI?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,339 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vindecua

A few points:

• You don't need to use the local variables - just wire the value from the existing terminal
  • The outer case does nothing
  • Only one Y scale will be visible, even if both plots are selected - the visible plot is determined by the X Attitude control. Is this intentional?
  • Both your plots are on Y Scale 1 - right click on the graph to change this (under Plots tab).
  • All of your axes have autoscaling enabled, which is creating flicker. If you're setting the scale manually, turn off autoscaling.
  • Your plots are difficult to see due to the small values and large ranges - this is presumably because you replaced the real data acquisition with a random number generator so viewers can run the VI (thanks!). Consider multiplying them by some value to make it take up a larger fraction of the range.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,324 Views)

hello butcher , 

What is a use of Active scale property ?? could you explain me pls 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,301 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,297 Views)

Can anyone explain about the importance of active scale property node ??

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,290 Views)

Copying from the Context Help window:

Gets or sets the active or current Y-Scale of a graph or chart. Call this property before setting other properties on a specific scale.

That is - when you set other properties (like Visible, or Min/Max), the values are set for the Active Scale. This is altered by writing to the Active {X,Y} Scale property.

GCentral
Message 6 of 12
(4,281 Views)

Thanx a lot Mr.butcher . !! what is the  common input we have to give for this Active property node . ? sometimes its throws a error ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,274 Views)

Just give it a number of which Y scale you want to sets.

but you have to duplicate Y scale first.

Message 8 of 12
(4,268 Views)

I finally success, but now i have a new problem.

How can i split all plots's scale sepelately?

Can someone help me?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,250 Views)

You can't dynamically create new scales, but if you already used the duplicate menu to create them you can use the Active Plot and Plot > Y Scale index to set which y scale a plot appears on.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,248 Views)