LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning message about shared library file

Solved!
Go to solution

I got this warning message when I try to open the xml configuration example.

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\xml\Close Reference(Impl).vi (NI_XML.lvlib:Close Reference(Impl).vi)
    - The shared library expected to be at "<vilib>:\addons\internet\dom\DOMUserDefRef.dll" was loaded from "DOMUserDefRef.dll".
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\xml\Close Reference(NdList).vi (NI_XML.lvlib:Close Reference(NdList).vi)
    - The shared library expected to be at "<vilib>:\addons\internet\dom\DOMUserDefRef.dll" was loaded from "DOMUserDefRef.dll".
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\xml\Close Reference(NNMap).vi (NI_XML.lvlib:Close Reference(NNMap).vi)
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\xml\Close Reference(Node).vi (NI_XML.lvlib:Close Reference(Node).vi)
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\xml\Get First Non-Text Child.vi (NI_XML.lvlib:Get First Non-Text Child.vi)
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\xml\Get Next Non-Text Sibling.vi (NI_XML.lvlib:Get Next Non-Text Sibling.vi)
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\xml\Get Node Text Content.vi (NI_XML.lvlib:Get Node Text Content.vi)
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\xml\Load XML File.vi (NI_XML.lvlib:Load XML File.vi)
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\xml\New.vi (NI_XML.lvlib:New.vi)

I recently updated to 8.6, and I try to compile an executable, but b/c of this warning my executable wouldn't run giving me wierd errors. I took out the code that called the xml read, and it fixed it. How do I fix it? Thanks!

Message Edited by d1sturbanc3 on 01-06-2009 12:03 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,668 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author d1sturbanc3

I get this error message when I attempted to run the .exe with the xml configuration reader.

"The application has failed to start because xerces-c_2_7.dll was not found. Re-installing the  application may fix this problem."

Message 2 of 4
(3,665 Views)

Hai d1sturban....

Thanks for the update. By the way, could you please mark your 2nd post as solution to the problem so that other people who run into the same kind of situation and looking into ur thread will get benefitted.

Thanks,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,646 Views)

To solve the problem include manually xerces-c_2_7.dll in your build.

It can be found here:

C:\Programmi\National Instruments\LabVIEW X.Y\vi.lib\addons\internet\dom

Message 4 of 4
(3,263 Views)