LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 2147352567 occured at DB Tools List Tables.vi

Good morning,

I have a program which inserts data into two different MS access databasesusing ODBC drivers.  About once a week the program will lock up and the attached pop up is displayed.  I have tried many different things, and continue to get the errorWhat may be causing the lock up?   

Thank you,

Sarah

PS.  I previously posted this message in the NI Teststand board by mistake.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,192 Views)
Howdy,

The first KnowledgeBase that returns for that error code is this. I am by no means a database expert...Is there a particular operation that tends to cause this error? What is your VI trying to do when it gets that error? Can you go over your other troubleshooting steps?
Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,154 Views)

Hi Sarah,

Do you run program continuously or start it many times in week? I have a feeling that I have seen this error once in my application. The problem was that I didn't closed database references. So be sure that when user press Stop button your application closes all database references.

BR, Jim 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,144 Views)

In response to Joshua - The program seems to lock up in the same location every time.  The program cycles every 2 minutes and it locks up after switching on the first of 2 source power supplies in my test setup, before it begins turning on the first uut.  I have added error handlers and clear error vi's, but so far I have not been successful.  Since the lock up is intermittent, I am not able to do much troubleshooting. 

In respose to Jim - The program runs all night and partially through the day.  The program is designed to burn-in parts, at the end of the burn-in the tech. stops the program and unloads the parts.  New parts are loaded into the burn-in fixtures, and the program is started up again, so within a one week period the program is stopped and started about 5 times.  I do have a DB Tools Close Connection.vi for each of my databases at the very end of my program.

I have attached the code, I hope this might help.

Thanks,

Sarah   

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,127 Views)

I check your VI. There was missing quite many VIs but I get the point. I can't find lock reason just by watching a VI. Maybe you can test open and close database references for every cycle. It takes some time but because you while loop is slow you can do that. This will reset timeouts if there is such.

I noticed that you save only one double value to 20 tables. Do you have a particular reason to use 20 tables in database? Your code will be more clean and efficient if you use one table where is one time column and 20 data columns. Also SQL can handle data more efficient because it is located in one table. Of course you might have other reasons to use 20 tables...

Regards, Jim

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,094 Views)

I think I will give the 1 table database a try.  The reason I created 20 tables was to make it easy for the testing techs to sort through the data.  I always program keeping the testing techs in mind.  I try to make it as easy for them as possible.

Thanks,

Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,069 Views)