LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual repersentation of waveforms

Solved!
Go to solution

At present I am monitoring 93 strain gauges. As you can imagine its quite hard to keep track of all values live when testing a sample.

So I was wondering if it would be possible to display the y value of each channel in my waveforms to a bar chart form . so Y axis µstrain, x axis 1 to 93. I am using labview 2016. like 93 tank indicators showing live data. Hope that makes sense.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,136 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author isitthereur

Hi isitthereur,

So I was wondering if it would be possible to…

Yes, sure it is possible!

Spoiler
Create an array of your 93 Y values. Then plot that array in a graph and change the plot properties to show bars instead of points/lines!
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,125 Views)

Would that mean I need a forloop , index my wave form , get the Y value , create an array index it and place into array? in other words can you give an example of creating this array with multiple waveforms?

Thanks for feedback

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,111 Views)

Hi isit,

Would that mean I need a forloop , index my wave form , get the Y value

Yes.

create an array index it and place into array?

No. Just autoindex at the loop border…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,104 Views)

It is always difficult to make helpful comments when someone (like you) asks a vague question ("Is it possible to ...") without providing any code (so we can see what you have tried, more insight into what you are thinking) nor (when Data Acquisition is being discussed) examples of typical data, including such things as sampling rate.

You use the term "waveforms", which implies samples over time.  Yet the plot you describe seems to ask for a bar graph showing the latest value for each of 93 channels, with the bar height changing as samples are acquired.

You use the term "bar chart".  Do you know the difference, in LabVIEW, between a chart and a graph?  A chart plots values ("Y") as a function of time, while a graph plots values ("y") as a function of an associated variable, "x".  Time could be used as the "x" variable in a Graph (I've done this several times), but in the situation you describe, the X variable appears to be the Tank "index" (0 .. 92, or 1 .. 93, depending how you are numbering).  In this situation, the only logical (to me) choice for Y is the "current value" (or "last value") of the "waveform".

So a critical unknown here is how are you sampling the values of the 93 tanks?  How often do you sample?  In what form are the data acquired?  Are you really getting an array of 93 waveforms (which are, themselves, arrays of equally-spaced-in-time sampled data)?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,102 Views)

My first post tried to describe in English what I was looking for. Yes iam reading 93 waveforms, I have multi waveform graph on my screen showing showing different channels. The question was simple i thought. repersenting the Y value of each waveform. In a barchart fromat ( For example ) like having a row of tank indicators. ( Iam trying to picture it .) so i can quickly see which channels are going up and which are going down. VISUALLY.

I am sorry for people like ME .. Quess your having a bad day. Forget about it. I figure it out.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,101 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author isitthereur

Hi isit,

I figure it out.

As I said before: create an array of your 93 values, then plot it in a waveform graph. Change the plot properties to show a bar plot:

check.png

My first post tried to describe in English what I was looking for.

I understand it is hard for you to write in English - as is for me. Because of that you really should attach an example VI showing your current approach to allow us to help you with improvements of your code!

(This is no offence, just an observation: you struggle to write your questions in English - and this is combined with improper use of LabVIEW terminology as remarked by Bob. It is so much easier to attach an example VI…)

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 7 of 7
(2,091 Views)