From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very simple questions about Queue and De-queue. Vi attached.

Solved!
Go to solution

oh, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(702 Views)

ok, but why only A is the right way?  and BC all are wrong?  In the scene of data flow, how it works in my case? thank you

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(702 Views)

@sunson29 wrote:

ok, but why only A is the right way?  and BC all are wrong?  In the scene of data flow, how it works in my case? thank you

DATA FLOW!!!

If you have a wire come out of loop X and to loop Y, loop Y cannot run until loop X has completed.  In B and C, you have this scenario.  In A, the data dependency from the queue reference is only from the Obtain Queue.  Therefore X and Y can run in parallel (no data dependency between them).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(694 Views)

Hmm, the six hour link not working. Could you send me again?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(683 Views)

I mean, the wire of A is still outside of bottom loop, right?

No. Tunnels are input or output. In your A case it it an input for both loops. All the other cases it is an output from the B loop.

oh, btw, the first time I do the queue, I use C style, because I thought dequeue should be after queue, so, the wire should be out after queue.  but, this is wrong. I think the answer will be the same as the question above. Thank you.

I think you are getting hung on on how queues work. Normally you are correct in thinking that data needs to be written to a wire before you want to read it. Queues are specifically designed to communicate data between two loops and work a little different. The dequeue element will not return data until enqueue element has put data into the queue. That's why the dequeue element has a wait timer. If you set it to -1 it will not do anything until the enqueue element function puts data into the queue. Think of the wire more like a reference than "by value". 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(673 Views)

@sunson29 wrote:

Hmm, the six hour link not working. Could you send me again?  Thank you.

Sorry.  It looks like NI took down that page.  I don't know if it exists under another URL link, or is just gone.

Here is another link you can look at.

How to Learn LV

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(656 Views)

thanks for your help!  

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(648 Views)

thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18