LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VLC in ACtiveX

Solved!
Go to solution

I know there are a couple of posts already about this but I can't seem to open the other Vis that have solved this issue.  I am running labview 9.01 and I am trying to use VLC to play a webcam from an IP address.  I have it set up right now using WMP but it doesn't work cause WMP is terrible.  Is there a way I can do this with VLC?

vlc.png

I can see when I use activeX i can insert VLC activeX PLugin and IE web plugin v1 or VLC activeX PLugin and IE web plugin v2 but LAbview crashes when i select that.  Is there a different way?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(9,977 Views)

Hey dmarcus,

I found a community example that I think will be helpful for you and I included it below.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-24114

I know you mentioned you were not able to open some other VIs that implemented what you are looking for. That's possibly because you are still using an older version of LabVIEW. If you are unable to open this community example, you can post the code in this area of the forums to request for it to be converted to an older version for your use.

-Will

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(9,928 Views)

Thanks.  I found that VI but I couldn't open it.  I will try and post it in the other forum to get in converted.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(9,889 Views)
Solution
Accepted by dmarcus
Message 4 of 12
(9,884 Views)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(9,832 Views)

Thanks for the example, it works well for playing audio/video files.

My application is little different. I have camera connected to capture card, I need to play this captured video. I have been using VLC command line, which doesn't work very well. Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(9,339 Views)

Attached is some of the ActiveX code I use to connect to a Sony camera and stream it to a picture box on the front panel.

It's pretty crude, but the idea is if you can open a stream to it from VLC, this ActiveX stream should work the same.  This is with VLC 2.2.1 32 bit, using LabVIEW 2016 32 bit, on Windows 7 64 bit.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(9,320 Views)

Hi,

could you save it in the version 2015?

Best regard

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(9,173 Views)

Backsaved to 2015.  You'll of course need VLC x86 if you are using 32 bit LabVIEW installed.

Message 9 of 12
(9,170 Views)

I'm trying to show the live video from a USB webcam on the LabVIEW front panel, and I happened to find your discussion. I don't have LabVIEW Vision Development Module addon, but since I don't need to process the video, I think your program is exactly what I need. I downloaded the "Main_Open_Cemra" vi and installed the latest VLC. What should I set for the path for the webcam? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(8,928 Views)