From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VLC in ACtiveX

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I do not think my LabVIEW program past your project. I could get the live video, because I have used a Python packet, which is developed for GoPro Camera. 

Best regard

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(1,055 Views)

@pji wrote:

I'm trying to show the live video from a USB webcam on the LabVIEW front panel, and I happened to find your discussion. I don't have LabVIEW Vision Development Module addon, but since I don't need to process the video, I think your program is exactly what I need. I downloaded the "Main_Open_Cemra" vi and installed the latest VLC. What should I set for the path for the webcam? Thank you very much.

I know this is a few years old, but I just ran into this myself and thought I'd answer the question in case someone else finds this.  In the example code posted here, there are some comments about webcam streams.

For me the working solution was to first run VLC, then go to File >> Open Capture Device, then select the Video Device Name, and click Show more Options.  Here I see my MRL is "dshow://" and Options are " :dshow-vdev= :dshow-adev= :live-caching=300".  So in the libvlc_media_new_location call I put the Media Source as "dshow://" and the libvlc_media_add_option as "dshow-vdev=Integrated Webcam" and I could see the stream.

Message 12 of 12
(539 Views)