LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Package Manager- Checksum is not valid fix

Solved!
Go to solution

So this isn't a question, but is an answer for future Googler's like myself, who couldn't find the answer.

I was having trouble downloading a specific package from VIPM- it was MGI's Class Method Browser, hosted on the standard NI repository. It was returning the message "Checksum not valid, contact the repository manager" with error code 42. Other MGI packages on NI's repo installed just fine, so I initially thought it was a problem with the repo, but I spoke with NI and they were unable to reproduce.

Turns out, the issue was with my server's firewall. Going around the firewall on a different network showed no issues. Somehow, my firewall was specifically blocking just this one file. I'll talk to our network guy when I can to see why it decided to not let that specific file through- it's not flagged as a virus or anything. Maybe it has something to do with it modifying the quickdrop template? I dunno.

Anyway, it works- future Googlers looking to find this error code, try turning off your firewall or connecting to the NI repo via a phone hotspot or something to download the package 🙂

Message 1 of 2
(2,030 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BertMcMahan

Adding a second post so I can mark the issue as "solved". If I can figure out what specifically my firewall objected to I will post here as well.

Message 2 of 2
(2,028 Views)