LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pfeiffer PrismaPRO QMG 250 (OPC OPC Server)

Hi Everyone, 

I wanted to know about the OPC Server ( Like Softing or Visual Basic created OPC) we also need for PrismaPRO in order to communicate with Labview?

Does anyone know about it? Looking for prompt and result oriented reply. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Taufeey

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,662 Views)

Hi Taufeey,

Just to make sure I understand your question, you are asking about what is needed to communicate between LabVIEW and a PrismaPro QMG 250, right?

What protocols does the PrismaPro support? Does it use OPC DA or UA, Modbus, Ethernet/IP, etc.? Do you have a datasheet or manual you can post here?

If you already have an OPC server that is communicating with the PrismaPro device, then you could use the DSC Module in LabVIEW to connect to the OPC server.

-Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,632 Views)

Jordan, 

Please find the attachment, in it, they mentioned about the WEB UI and Direct Software connectivity (PV MASS SPEC).

Last time I read an article about QMG 250 in it they mentioned PrimaPRo doesn't need any OPC for Labview connectivity. I am not sure and trying to find out that article from the internet.

Best Regards,

Taufeey

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,627 Views)

Taufeey,

Both the Web UI and PV MassSpec seem to be standalone tools for controlling the vacuum. I found some references to a Pfeiffer Vacuum LabVIEW driver. You'd probably have better luck contacting Pfeiffer and asking them where you can find the LabVIEW driver. I agree that you don't seem to need OPC to communicate with this device.

Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,618 Views)