LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using FSL drivers with LabVIEW

Hello,

I need to control the FSL spectrum analyzer with LabVIEW.

I downloaded and installed the drivers in my computer.

I need to do a special measurement : I want to do an average measurement between 5 sweep counts, in the single sweep mode.

I succeeded to do this directly with the spectrum analyzer but I didn't succeeded with LabVIEW ...

Here is that I tried :

1) I configured the trace number 1 on Average mode with the vi called "rsspecan Configure Trace.vi".

2) I used the vi called "rsspecan Configure Acquisition.vi" and configured it to "Single sweep mode" and 5 sweep counts.

3) After that, I read the data with the vi called "rsspecan Read Y Trace.vi" or the vi called "rsspecan Fetch Y Trace.vi".

But, with doing this, I only read the last acquisition of my sweep counts ...

Instead of this, I would like to read the average acquisition that we can see on the screen of the spectrum analyzer at the end of the acquisition.

Does anyone has an idea about how I have to do ?

Thank you !

Olivier.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,700 Views)

Hello Oliver_Mouillade,

This instrument driver was developped by Rohde & Schwarz so I don't really know how the code works. I think the problematic comes from the configuration of the functions that you are using in your code.

However, if you just want to get the average of the 5 last measurements, is it possible for you to use shift registers in a loop to calculate the average ?

Could you give us your VI or a screenshot of its diagram ?

Best regards,

Samir
Ingénieur d'applications
National Instruments - France
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,658 Views)

Hello,

Here is the VI that I developed for this application.

I tried with the loop, but it's not functioning.

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,652 Views)