cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using FFT PT BY PT

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

I have attached a VI using FFT Pt by Pt with a known signal, a Sine Wave. How come my Waveform Graph on the FFT Pt by Pt dosen't work and it remains at 0 but the one using the normal FFT works? Can someone help me with it. Thanks. I attached my VI too.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,438 Views)

We're not all over to LV19... Posting an earlier version will get more response. Or, a screenshot\code snippet accompanying the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,405 Views)

LV 2012 Version VI, WIEBE any ideas for advise

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,401 Views)

You're creating an array of points, in sine shape.

Than, you pass one of those points to the FFT PtByPt. It never gets to see the sine, only the first point of it!

So, put the FFT PtByPt in a for loop, and pass all sine wave points to it, one by one (or, point by point).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,392 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cyongjed
Message 5 of 7
(2,390 Views)

Hi Wiebe,

Thanks for the help given, just to clarify for the sample length in the fft pt by pt is it equal to the no of samples in the normal fft? I am quite confused by it...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,339 Views)

@cyongjed wrote:

Hi Wiebe,

Thanks for the help given, just to clarify for the sample length in the fft pt by pt is it equal to the no of samples in the normal fft? I am quite confused by it...

Well, as you work PtByPt, you can be feeding points for infinity. You could convert that to an FFT, but it would require infinite memory. So it needs a limit.

I think it compares to the normal FFT sample size. But the PtByPt will 'move' the samples.

If you're just interested in the amplitude of a simple frequency, there are more efficient options, btw.

Message 7 of 7
(2,288 Views)