LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ELMO motion control device with LABVIEW

Hi,

I am new to LabVIEW withvery little controls experience (just now graduated).  I need to use LabVIEW, NI USB 6009( DAQ) and a Harmonica servo drive from Elmo to control a voice coil.  . What I am looking for is some general guidance to get me started; point me in the correct direction so I can get rolling.  I will be using a RS-232 line between the Harmonica and the PC.

I have generated a sine waveform to the NI USB 6009 from LABVIEW. I have to send this signal through the ELMO Harmonica 5/60 N to control a voice coil. I have been reading the Elmo SimpleIQ Software Manual and am  lost Kindly help me out. 

Regards,

Pawan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,471 Views)
Full post here
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,469 Views)

Sir,

I did not get you. Full post?    

Regards,

Pawan 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,465 Views)

Please do not post same question twice. Try to continue in a single thread. This will avoid confusion and saves lot of time.

[Edit: Your question was not full here in this thread and you have added lot more information in the other thread that i pointed in my last post.]

Message Edited by mathan on 11-03-2008 12:14 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,463 Views)

Sorry Sir,

Actually I have posted my full info here Sir. THe other one was submitted by mistak. My apologies for the same.

Could you kindly answer my question Sir. If  you require any other detail, let me know Sir?

Regrds,

Pawan 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,457 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,445 Views)

SIr,

i went through that post. However I have only used LABVIEW for a week or so. Also, I am using LABVIEW 8.0 and ELMO Harmonica. So could you please laborate on your  response  ?

Looking forward to your reply,

Regards,

Pawan             

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,443 Views)

Sir,

How do you interface LABVIEW and ELMO. I have to send a sinusoidal signal ( which I have generated using LABVIEW) to the voice coil(CVC 40 HF 6.5) via the ELMO device (HAR-5/60- the Harmonica servo drive).  Also, how can know that  my VI is affecting it or not?

If then ELMO composer has to be used, kindly let me know what commands should be used.

Regards,

Pawan

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,348 Views)