cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Control Data Acquisition

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am looking for a button on the front panel the user can press to start the recording the data acquisition after already pressing the run button. I want to be able to see the data and then press start when they want to start recording (to delimited spreadsheet)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,222 Views)

Hi Sam,

@sambpk wrote:

I am looking for a button on the front panel the user can press to start the recording the data acquisition after already pressing the run button.

Activate the frontpanel window of your VI, then open the boolean controls palette to look for a button!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,216 Views)

Yes, I got that far. I want to know where I would wire it to if I still want to see the info on the front panel until I hit the start button to start recording it to the spreadsheet.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,203 Views)
Solution
Accepted by sambpk

@sambpk wrote:

Yes, I got that far. I want to know where I would wire it to if I still want to see the info on the front panel until I hit the start button to start recording it to the spreadsheet.

Well, that depends on the rest of your program and the architecture that you are using. I assume that your program is running in a while loop (I hope that you're not trying to run your program using the Run continuously button - they really should remove that button). Inside the loop put a case structure that is dependent upon the value of the button. Then, inside that case structure, put the code required to log the data.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,182 Views)

Hi Sam,

implementing IF-THEN-ELSE in LabVIEW is done by using the case structure...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 5
(1,181 Views)