LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to fetch Date and Time

Solved!
Go to solution

In my application, I am using Get date and Time function. If I run through source code (VI), it is working correctly. If I create .exe, it is not working correctly. Sometimes it shows universal default date (year-1904). Sometimes it is showing future date (year-2040).

What could be the issue and How to solve this issue?

My PC configurations:

Windows XP 32-bit OS

LabVIEW 2015

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,576 Views)

In my application, I am using Get date and Time function. If I run through source code (VI), it is working correctly. If I create .exe, it is not working correctly. Sometimes it shows universal default date (year-1904). Sometimes it is showing future date (year-2040).

What could be the issue and How to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,580 Views)

My PC configurations:

Windows XP 32-bit OS

LabVIEW 2015

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,578 Views)

Sounds like some sort of formatting problem that somehow is related to the target you're executing on/in.

Can you upload some code so we could check what might be going on?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,545 Views)

Let's keep this question to one thread 🙂

Other thread is located here: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Unable-to-fetch-Date-and-Time/m-p/3932775/

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,542 Views)

I've used various LabVIEW Date and Time functions with multiple versions of LabVIEW (all 32-bit) from LabVIEW 7.0 through LabVIEW 2018, saving dates in files (or sometimes as parts of file names) on Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10.  I've never encountered a problem when running a "built" (.exe) version of any of my programs.

It seems to me highly unlikely that LabVIEW is at fault here, and much more likely that something is amiss in your LabVIEW installation.  Could you please produce a LabVIEW program that demonstrates problems saving dates in an Application and post it to this Forum?  We will examine the code and try running it ourselves and help you to "fix" (or at least understand) what, if anything, is the problem.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,513 Views)

We need to see some code. Is your time indicator connected directly to the function output or are you shuffling it across using locals and value properties?

Windows XP is very old. Is the computer clock correct? Is the bios battery still good?

Also note that your windows XP needs to be SP3 to support LabVIEW 2015. Is it updated?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,511 Views)

Code is a simple VI. It is working correctly as vi and not working correctly as exe.

I have re installed OS and LabVIEW also. 

Computer: PXI-8115

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,464 Views)

@phoenix-karthik wrote:

Code is a simple VI.

The problem must be simple then... The problem is between the upper left and the bottom right, probably.

Message 9 of 13
(3,456 Views)

You've made two posts (this is called a "Cross-Post", and is frowned upon) and have been asked at least 3 times to post your code, but you still haven't done so.  You'd think we'd learn our lesson and stop trying to help you (because you refuse to help us to help you ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,438 Views)