LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB3 Basler camera timeout on high resolution

I have a Basler acA3800-14um camera which has a max resolution of 3840 x 2748. In NI MAX I can take a snapshot of the image but when I try to grab I get a timeout error 0xBFF6901B. When I drop the resolution to 2000 x 2000 I can grab the camera with no issue. I can use the camera at full resolution on another computer with no issue. Not sure what could be the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,557 Views)

it depend on your system ability 
you computer CPU and ram could not work with this rate of image streaming 
try to close all program in you system before test to make CPU and ram free 
if it happen again so you have to use other system 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,550 Views)

What is your Vision Acquisiton Software version? Update to latest version if not : http://www.ni.com/download/ni-vision-acquisition-software-february-2016/5801/en/

-Are you sure you connected camera to USB3 Port directly or through some USB hub?

-Make sure Firewall and Antivirus are off.

-Did you try with Basler Pylon software?

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,549 Views)

I've tried connecting the camera directly to a USB3 port and through a hub with the same result. I can't turn off the firewall or antivirus but the other computer I've used has the same firewall and antivirus setup so that's probably not the issue. I just installed the Pylon software. It also does not run the camera at full res. In the Pylon software I can get the camera up to 3400x2000 but in NI MAX I can only get the camera up to 2500x2000.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,545 Views)

What is the timeout in MAX given?

-Please read through manual especially chapter 6 Topic 10 which explains the Maximum Allowed Frame rate and what are the parameters it affects the frame rate: http://www.baslerweb.com/en/products/cameras/area-scan-cameras/ace/aca3800-14um

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,539 Views)