LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB RAW data read

Hi,

I have a Newport monochromator connected thorough USB cable . I build a new driver following this tutorial and at the end I succeded to communicate with my instrument. The problem is that  the communication is onlhy in one direction: I'm able to send commands but is not possible to receive any data from the monochromator. I tried all the options available in the VISA Interactive control (I changed timeout, termination character, queue size , bulk-in and bulk out size ) but without any result. I receive BFFF0015 (VI_ERROR_TMO)error every time I send a VISA READ command and a BFFF003A (VI_ERROR_INV_SETUP) error reading the STATUS BYTE (STB). The manual shows that the termination character is carriage return+linefeed  [cr][lf] but I don't know how is possible to set both terminators.

I use Windows XP SP3 with Labview 8.6.1 and NI-VISA 4.4.1

I copied the attributes setting of my USB device

Timeout Value = 1024
Maximum Queue Length = 50
Termination Character = 0x0A
Termination Char Enable = VI_FALSE
IO Protocol = 1
Suppress End on Reads = VI_FALSE
USB Maximum Interrupt Size = 1
USB Control Pipe = 0x0000
USB Bulk-Out Pipe = 0xFFFF
USB Bulk-In Pipe = 0xFFFF
USB Interrupt-In Pipe = 0xFFFF
USB Alternate Setting = 0
USB Bulk-Out Pipe Status = -1
USB Bulk-In Pipe Status = -1
USB Interrupt-In Pipe Status = -1
USB End Mode for Reads = 5

Thank you for your help

Davide

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,773 Views)

Hello moonfall,

thank you for posting your question in this forum!

Please take a look in the following links. I am sure they will be of assistance!

For the first error that you mentioned (BFFF0015 ) :

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/874B379E24C0A0D686256FCF007A6EA0?OpenDocument

For the second error you receive (BFFF003A) :

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DFF952E483E212658625712B007B72FB?OpenDocument

Let me know if by following the links you came up with a solution!

Antonios
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,748 Views)

Do you really need to use USB RAW to communicate with this device? That's extremely unusual. Do you have documentation on the device? As for your question regarding the termination character, you cannot set two characters for the termination character. Use the last character, LF.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,744 Views)