LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two indicators to the same graph.

Solved!
Go to solution

How to connect the same indicators to the same graph if you have it in different tabs?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,943 Views)

What type of indicators you mean? Please explan with an image or code (In 2011 version please).

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,937 Views)

Please make it your mantra:

The wire is the data.

Hence, you can branch your wire to pass the data to two indicators. But please be aware as the indicator will copy the data. So if you pass huge arrays to a waveform graph for instance, you can easily blow your memory when using multiple indicators for your data (read: wire).

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,909 Views)

I have a case ( 2 or 4 ) in case 2 i show one tab with 2 graph (1 & 2 ) and in case 4 i show  two tabs with graph 1  & 2 in one tab and  graph   3 &4 in another tab.

So when i click at indicator:1 in case 2 i want that graph one should be marked, thats works.

But when i click at indicator:1 in case:4 i want the graph :1 should be marked in case:4 but it marked the copy from case:2.

I took a copy from case:2 and use it in case:4 and add two more graph.

Do i have i "Link" connection wrong ? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,897 Views)

Please attach what you have done so far. Following your description is difficult otherwise.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,883 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LVdummies

Sounds like you want to use the same indicator in two different cases. This is not really possible, unless you want to use a local variable - which I would not recommend. If you want to wire something to the same indicator from different cases, you should place the indicator outside the case structure, thus making a tunnel through the case structure.

Also, it sounds like you want the same graph on two different tabs in a tab control. Why use different tabs if you want the same information? Maybe you could redesign your GUI?

But again, as everyone else is saying, share your code and it will be a lot easier for us to help 🙂

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
Message 6 of 6
(2,837 Views)